Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Advice???

I am looking to add pressure washing services. Can anyone suggest a good pressure washer? 2700 psi-3000 psi? Any thoughts on how much I should charge for say a 2500 sq ft home? Linear ft of driveways? I just opened my company in November and would welcome any and all tips/advice. I have a toro time cutter ss3200 zero turn mower. Toro weed eater, echo back pack blower echo gas edger, pole saw, electric hedge trimmers. Standard garden tools, shovels rakes etc. anyone think of anything I might be missing? I hope to land some pressure washing jobs because I feel it would be quick money. Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Any thoughts on my website? Www.allstarscapes.com. Where all should I list online?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No help on the pressure washing but your website needs some serious attention. From your post and list of equipment it sounds like you are new. Looking at your pics online it is extremely clear what is your work and what is images from google. That is misrepresentation. The few pics that are on there are not doing you any favors either, your i mean. It is hard to get a good pic of a dormant yard to show your customers to price you can make a yard look good. Also, the mulch bed just looks really cheap and halfa**ed. You need to wait till spring and take some quality pictures and show those off. Also, don't over promise. Just some constructive criticism
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you for the advice!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Some people's websites look very nice and appear to be costly. I went with godaddy for hosting, is there another company with better options that are reasonably priced? Thanks!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddharmon View Post
Some people's websites look very nice and appear to be costly. I went with godaddy for hosting, is there another company with better options that are reasonably priced? Thanks!
Yes there are a lot of web sites out there that will help with getting found on google and a nice site type in web sites on google you will see.
Also if I was you I would stay away from any electric equipment it is easier to have gas no need to tie into there power !! I would upgrade my core equipment before investing in power washer you can always rent them for 50 bucks for your first few jobs make them pay for there self but you know you will need good hedge trimmers and blowers and weed wackers and more !!! So spend less on none core and focus on heavy flyers word of mouth door buster ad magazines ! Also get a few good neighbor hoods and keep advertising there only !!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

All my equipment is gas except for my hedge trimmers. I appreciate your advice!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Any website tips?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

web

check out
http://virb.com/
and http://www.squarespace.com/
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Website

I may as well ask for opinions for my site. I am just starting my business, very motivated and I will succeed no matter what. I had no clue how to make a site or what to do and spent 2 weekends reading and learning. I can program the forms a little and so forth now, so I built my site. I would appreciate any comments/constructive criticism. Of course my friends and family have nothing but positive comments, but we know how that is.

www.lawnservicejrs.com

Thanks in advance, Jeff