Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service agreement advisement please

I plan on starting a landscaping business this upcoming season and I have been working on a service agreement and I wanted to see what you guys think and if you have anything i can improve on. I haven't made my mind up on the business name yet. Please tell me what you think

This Service Agreement is for Lawn Maintenance Services made effective as of Date of _______________, by and between (Name)_____________________________________________________, of,
(Address)_______________________________________________________,
(City,State, Zip)_______________________________________________________,, and NAME OF BUSINESS.

1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Beginning on / /20 , NAME OF BUSINESS.will provide Lawn Care Maintenance to _________________________________. As part of the Lawn Care Maintenance service NAME OF BUSINESS shall provide the following services;

Turf Maintenance. Lawn areas will be fertilized 6 times per year to maintain good health, vigor and color throughout the year.

Spring Clean up. Spring Clean up will include removing all thatch from lawn, with a vertical mower. Also seeding will be conducted and fertilizer will be applied to wake up your lawn for the growing season. Will also include the removal of any debris that may have fallen during the harsh weather season.

Weekly Service. Mow lawn areas weekly to maintain an even and neat appearance. Edging will be conducted every other week, or as needed to maintained a neat appearance. Grass clippings will mulched on to the lawn, or bagged (requested by customer), if bagged the bags will be placed next to costumerís trashcans. Any remaining grass clippings will be blown by a gas powered blower and policed up and bagged. Flower beds will be weeded and removed by hand, and also be raked and edged.

Pruning. Prune and shape shrubs in accordance with overall aesthetics. Pruning will be done by hedge trimmer or hand, when a hedge trimmer is used hand pruners will be used to thin out the shrubs, so light can penetrate the inner branches for a thick beautiful appearance.

Aeration. Lawn aeration involves the removal of small soil plugs or cores out of the lawn Core aeration is a recommended lawn care practice on compacted, heavily used turf and to control thatch buildup. This process will be completed between August to mid September (Exception of zoysiagrass which will be conducted in June to July).

Fall Clean up. Cleaning of all fallen leaves on property.

Service Service Requested Price Per Service
Turf Maintenance (3x) O Yes O No $
Spring Clean up O Yes O No $
Weekly Service O Yes O No $
Pruning O Yes O No $
Aeration (1x) O Yes O No $
Fall Clean Up O Yes O No $

2. SCOPE OF WORK. NAME OF BUSINESS will provide all labor and materials to do the above described Landscaping services on the costumerís property
3. WORK SITE. The costumer herby authorizes NAME OF BUSINESS. and its employees to commence and complete the services provided on this agreement.
4. PAYMENT. Invoices will be sent out on the 1st of each month. Payment shall be made in full to NAME OF BUSINESS on the 15th of each month.
Payment discount terms include a 5% discount if the bill is paid in advanced. If any invoice is not paid when due, interest will be added and payable on all overdue amounts at a 10% per month, or the maximum percentage allowed under applicable laws, whichever is less. The costumer shall pay all cost of collection, including without limitation, reasonable attorney fees. The customer also agrees to pay a $35.00 fee for each check returned from the bank for any reason. In addition to any other right provided by law, if the costumer fails to pay the services when due, NAME OF BUSINESS has the option to treat such failure to pay as a breach of this Service Agreement, and may cancel this agreement and/or seek legal remedies.
5. PERMITS. NAME OF BUSINESS shall apply for and obtain any and all permits and regulatory approvals as may be required by local county governments.
6. WORK PRODUCT OWNERSHIP. NAME OF BUSINESS does not have the right to use your property for any advertising purposes without your consent. If you will like to grant NAME OF BUSINESS this right please initial here _____. If your property is used in advertising the customer will receive ten dollars in reward Bucks for that photo.
7. COMPLETION OF SERVICES. Upon the completion of the Landscaping services by NAME OF BUSINESS, NAME OF BUSINESS shall see to it that the costumerís property maintains a neat appearance.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Service Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or condtions in any other agreement whether oral or written concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. This agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
9. AMENDMENT. This service agreement may be canceled at anytime in writing 15 days before cancelation and as long as all payments are paid in full.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me. With that and a little Magic, you are ready to go.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks hopefully the magic will come