Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-26-2013, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
I agree with you on that point. Quick question: there has been alot of talk on Lawnsite about Scag pulling the plug on the Pro-V. Have you heard anything from your dealer about this? I thought of getting one, but then again.....
The Scag Pro-V is officially no longer in production. Late last year Scag was selling 52" Pro-V's for $4600 and 0% financing!! I believe this deal is still good until all remaining are sold.

On a side note I demoed a Pro-V and loved it. It felt like power steering!! Scag thought this would change the industry. I am very surprised it didnt catch on. It really is effortless to operate, even with one hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
The Scag Pro-V is officially no longer in production. Late last year Scag was selling 52" Pro-V's for $4600 and 0% financing!! I believe this deal is still good until all remaining are sold.

On a side note I demoed a Pro-V and loved it. It felt like power steering!! Scag thought this would change the industry. I am very surprised it didnt catch on. It really is effortless to operate, even with one hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks. I heard there were issues with it, namely leaky seals. had you heard the same?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks. I heard there were issues with it, namely leaky seals. had you heard the same?
Scag had a run of bad or pinched hydro o-ring seals. Updated seals were designed and put into production. The rest are changed under warranty. The only bad problems I heard about the Pro-V were the controls wear out quick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Scag had a run of bad or pinched hydro o-ring seals. Updated seals were designed and put into production. The rest are changed under warranty. The only bad problems I heard about the Pro-V were the controls wear out quick.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, man.....don't say that. I hate to think that Scag--an American company known for making durable machines--made a mower with quick-wearing controls. Oh well, the V-ride is my second choice.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
No, man.....don't say that. I hate to think that Scag--an American company known for making durable machines--made a mower with quick-wearing controls. Oh well, the V-ride is my second choice.
Thats what I heard here on LS. So I honestly dont know how true it is.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would start a thread and ask some owners.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I agree with you on that point. Quick question: there has been alot of talk on Lawnsite about Scag pulling the plug on the Pro-V. Have you heard anything from your dealer about this? I thought of getting one, but then again.....
I was talking to a dealer yesterday and he said they were not selling them becuase who would buy a walk behind for 7 grand when you can get a stand on mower. I got mine dirty cheap last year and thank god i did because its a amazing mower.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Love my old Hustler super walk behind. Wish they would make me a new one. I picked up a low hour one last season. Should be good for several more years. My dealer leaves a lot to be desired, and there aren't many others around. But it sure beats most other WB's in my book.
Posted via Mobile Device