Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-16-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the eb854 a few years ago. It was alright but I found it hard to start, especially when it was cold in the morning. It wasn't that much more powerful than my other blowers too. I ended up selling it and getting a Redmax 8500 instead. I like that blower a lot more. If you want to go with Shindaiwa, stick to the 802. It's easier to maintain and fix if you ever need to. The 854 might be quieter and might consume less fuel but I think that's offset by the increased maintenance, greater upfront cost, and higher repair costs if and when either unit requires work.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i am suprized shindawia put out junk like this. i expect more from them but they went ahead a nd sold out to a lousey company like echo. how the mighty have fallen. no one usees c4 equiptment here and one dealer refused to even sell or stock it. blame the epa
Old 08-17-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by action1 View Post
Anyone using Shindiawa equipment with the hybrid 4 engine? What do you think? There is a graph On their web sight that said it is better but, they all say that.
Posted via Mobile Device
I had a Stihl 4mix. That broke me from the hybrid craze. My local dealer sells all the major brands and his opinion is that the Shindy hybrids are far better than the Stihl's but neither equal top brand 2-strokes as far as reliability/durability. I love a good running 2stroke.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

this seems to be true. as much as i hate to admit it -my sthil 4 mix have been better than the shindy version. i use them on a limited basis as i know they arnt going to be reliable for long. the sthil br 600 is such a perfect blower for leaf cleanups