Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2013, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

35 minimum most are around 40-45 highest residential is 85 and highest commercial was 140
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Twenty seven dollars and thirty four cents, plus tax.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a $45 minimal and average is around $70.
2000 2500 4x4 dodge ram, 7x16 ft big tex trailer, 60 in Exmark Z, 48 inch bobcat z rider, 48 inch snapper walkbehind,21 inch lawn boy, 21 inch toro, 200 gallon lesco sprayer, ryan aerator, blue bird dethatcher, 2 echo trimmers and blowers
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Being new, I've kinda noticed that alot of guys are saying that their minimum price is right around $40. Is that even for something that would be like 10 minutes worth of work, mow, trim, clean up, load trailer and leave? Does travel time factor into your minimum? Like if someone down the street had a tiny little yard would you still charge them the $40? Or would you maybe give them a break since its so close and say its $25?

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
2014 John Deere Z920M
2011 Husqvarna 5424 ZTR
(2) Craftsman Push Mowers
Stihl trimmers
Echo Blowers
6x10 open utility trailer
6x12 Enclosed Trailer
YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com

Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorum03 View Post
Being new, I've kinda noticed that alot of guys are saying that their minimum price is right around $40. Is that even for something that would be like 10 minutes worth of work, mow, trim, clean up, load trailer and leave? Does travel time factor into your minimum? Like if someone down the street had a tiny little yard would you still charge them the $40? Or would you maybe give them a break since its so close and say its $25?

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
I do two yards on my own street, and I do both for $30. If I am leaving the neighborhood, I wont drop the gate for less than 35, no matter how small really.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
You would want to give them a price to mainly cover the time there to service the property if you're already in the same neighborhood. It can take a few months to establish a minimum price if you're just starting out, but yeah, cut the ones you get closer a break. If you get one customer on a block, you could let them know that if they can convince their neighbor's to have you service them as well, you'll give them all a discounted price as a group.

One thing you could do is write down what it would take to service 5 places on one street. Then do the same where the 5 places are spread out a few miles. You'll start to see that it takes more money to go farther (for obvious reasons) to service the ones farther away then the ones all together. I did this as part of my business plan years ago so I could learn how to bid jobs off the beating path and still make out good. Their called scenario's or examples of the "what if's" in the business.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:

YardBros Outdoors
www.yardbros.com
Hey man, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to price your work or anything at all but sometimes I'll give a new guy a break so I will tell you I have learned to take what is posted on this site with a grain of salt... Even then I have trouble swallowing some of the claims but it is what it is, you just have to make up your own mind, what to do, you know, if you listen to too much you could trip yourself up listening to these guys, just price it the way you've been doing and don't pay it too much mind, not saying this is the case here but some of these threads are probably best seen for their entertainment value.

Peace out man
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rates vary greatly depending on what part of the country you live in, they can even vary depending on what part of a metro area you reside. You should talk some fellow lcos in your area. I won't drop my gate for $100 and $15 dollar a minute garbage is useless to you. Figure out your overhead and learn your local area. If you start getting every job you bid on, you probably are too low though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Hey man, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to price your work or anything at all but sometimes I'll give a new guy a break so I will tell you I have learned to take what is posted on this site with a grain of salt... Even then I have trouble swallowing some of the claims but it is what it is, you just have to make up your own mind, what to do, you know, if you listen to too much you could trip yourself up listening to these guys, just price it the way you've been doing and don't pay it too much mind, not saying this is the case here but some of these threads are probably best seen for their entertainment value.

Peace out man
That was real helpful!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
That was real helpful!
hahaha......