Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Debris Loaders

The only way I ever described the Billy Goat was to say they are putting a very heavy engine on a thin piece of steel and hoping it will hold. I went on to explain that when the metal bent it pushed the battery into the muffler almost causing a fire and the battery to short out. It is interesting that from this description, you correctly knew the exact model I purchased.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries's Avatar
Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries is offline
Sponsor

Billy Goat (and competitors) product knowledge is kinda my shtick. We only offer one unit where the battery is located under the muffler as described.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries View Post
Billy Goat (and competitors) product knowledge is kinda my shtick. We only offer one unit where the battery is located under the muffler as described.
Well if that's true that it's your shtick, you might want to review your statement that giant vac I mention has not been in production in a year and note the header on giantvacs site.

http://www.giant-vac.com/industrial_tow_behind.php
Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
So I'm guessing today is when you found out that scag bought giantvac.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
??? Why is the battery located under the muffler with almost no clearance when a standard lawn and garden battery is installed. This seems unsafe.
I don't think your weld issue is solved as you stated. Sine that is all Golden eagle (Billy goats distributor) asked when my claim denied in 2012. I won't even note where you put the oil filter which makes maintenance a huge chore. IE Battery. The whole machine seems to have design issues.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy'slawncare View Post
I have a Peterbilt with a 16' aluminum box that I would like to add a leaf loader too. What kind of horse power would I need for the leaf loader? Also planning on pulling a trailer, so would have to make a swing away hitch. Looking for ideas or anyone that has a nice used unit for sale.

Thanks.
That Pete is awesome!! I bet the cost of operation makes you squirm a bit tho... The leaf vac set up I use is a 16 hp skid mounted lesco wit the 10" by 10' loader hose. If I had that to do over, I would have opted for a bigger unit. something in the 30 hp range maybe. I definitely like the loader mounted to the truck, rather than trailer units. We use our walks to push plow blades to get the leaves down to the truck, and need a trailer to haul them and blowers, rakes and such. I built a custom mount on a swing hinge made from a piece of 4" schedule 40 pipe inside a piece of 4.5". There are 2 positions for the pin, one in the loading position, and one all the way out so the door will swing while dumping. In the regular season, we just remove the mount by separating at the pipe hinge. The base is welded to the underside of the bed. Dont have a picture handy, but I'll try to remember to get one at the shop if it ever quits raining.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought the truck for a good price last spring. The cost of operation hasn't been to bad so far, but not looking forward to replacing the tires when the time comes. I am looking for a used blower in the 20-30hp range having a hard time finding one so far.
2001 Peterbilt Model 330
2007 Zplug
2009 Bobcat S185
2011 John Deere Z925
2013 John Deere Z925
2013 John Deere 652B

http://andyslawnservice.com
Old 01-16-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't buy a use leaf loader.....just don't....they aren't that expensive and they lead a very rough life.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Your trailer jack is far enough back on the trailer's tongue that you might be able to mount a small unit 18hp or so there with clearance. Hang the hose to the side that you will park at.

Last edited by lawnrich; 01-17-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: gramer lol
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Andy look at this. It looks promising. I don't know a lot about them yet.

http://www.monsterpowerequipment.com...k_loaders.aspx