Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thought about putting a flatbed with a dovetail and sides on it? If your only using a WB that would be perfect

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerIn503 View Post
Thinking, I will be putting a landscape rack on my truck from this company. http://truckrackinc.com/SpecialtyRac...andscape_Racks
If you know of someplace better, please let me know. They quoted me at about $900.00.
As a solo, I have to avoid a trailer here in Portland. The residential streets can get quite narrow here.
Thinking I might go with a combination of the rack linked above(local for me) and a dovetail attachment like shown here http://www.tailgateramps.com/ . Believe I would have to get the dovetail first and have the rack built to fit around it. Although it does look like one would not affect the other. Now the question would be, what's the best/largest commercial mower I can fit between a 4' wheel base and that is not to heavy for ramp?

Last edited by MillerIn503; 01-15-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerIn503 View Post
Thinking I might go with a combination of the rack linked above(local for me) and a dovetail attachment like shown here http://www.tailgateramps.com/ . Believe I would have to get the dovetail first and have the rack built to fit around it. Although it does look like one would not affect the other. Now the question would be, what's the best/largest commercial mower I can fit between a 4' wheel base and that is not to heavy for ramp?
Maybe a 48" stand on unit? That's like a walk behind and ZTR in one. They are pretty expensive though
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Doing some web searching and checking specs, I think a 32" is as large as I can go comfortably. Wrestling with the wheel wells in the truck is my concern obviously. The 36" mowers I have seen are 48.5" wheel base from what I have seen on the specs. Being a newbie/solo to start, lets hope a 32" will suffice until growth is at my doorstep. Until then, I will just have to say no to jobs that are beyond my equipments efficient time capabilities. As long as I can load a 25" to 32", and a dethatcher and aerator when needed, I think I am off to a good start. Still waiting for the weight capabilities on that ramp I posted previously.