Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

have you considered a tlb? Not the best but with the limited hours you use it it could give you the ability to get a digger and loader at a lower price point. I do pretty much what you describe with a backhoe.
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have considered a tlb, but it does not fit what we do well. we work in a lot of small backyards. and we would need at least a jd 110tlb. It is too long, and not having a full 360 degree spin on the backhoe end would be worthless to us. Thanks for the idea though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ya nothing like a skid and mini. New certainly doesnt make sense for what we do though.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, I have searched every used equipment site. Looks like if i want both i am just gonna have to shell out 50 to 70k. I really want to spend more and get the same brand, but i dont think my wallet can handle it. Which sucks because i truly believe uniformity is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
It just proves there are rednecks everywhere, not just Georgia.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you aren't in a big rush, you could just keep searching around your area on Craigslist and trader papers and find both machines that you want at a decent price.

That's what I did, took most all summer until I found a used machine that I liked and was comfortable with. But I've got into a machine a lot of attachments for less than I wanted to spend originally..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what you have to do is be diligent in looking over the course of a year. Its never taken me that long to find a good used deal on anything. Theres alot of used equip out there. Equipment sites are usually higher than local craigs/paper ads. I hear you about matching equip looking cool but other than that its a waste of money. Local dealer happens to have both my brands to simplify service stuff.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Getting both for 40K in the hours and condition that you want may be a challenge. You might keep an eye on Iron Planet. There are some deals from time to time. Maybe consider which you want to purchase now and only make one purchase (mini ex or CTL) this year and pickup the other next year or later in this year.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

CNH Capital...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not to steer away from the tide at hand here but recently a friend of mine bought a Nice T 300 wtih 400 hours on it for CHEAP out of ohio. Got the thing and could barely keep it running to unload it. Tried it but really no power. They brought it in to the dealer here in town. Lifted the seat and oh my - been on fire! After numerous calls to previous owner - they decided to split the cost ( bobcat came down and basically re-wired the machine). It was bad. So moral is be careful. Ask for alot of pictures and if your going to spend 20K plus, a $1000 plain ticket is cheap insurance.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
Thats what you have to do is be diligent in looking over the course of a year. Its never taken me that long to find a good used deal on anything. Theres alot of used equip out there. Equipment sites are usually higher than local craigs/paper ads. I hear you about matching equip looking cool but other than that its a waste of money. Local dealer happens to have both my brands to simplify service stuff.
You got a good deal on your KX161. I've been on the hunt lately and there are precious few under the $40K mark. Those that are, go fast. So if you come across any let me know.