Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Even that is a crazy price. The price of Metros has risen by 50% in a decade? That's some severe inflation. The amount of money we make on each customer hasn't risen anywhere near 50% in a decade. The price of fuel is up 100+% in the last decade.
can't speak for a decade ago.

I know my 36" metro was $3000 with a mulch kit. that was 7 years ago.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post
I just called two different dealers to get prices on a lazer z s series 48" and the prices were different by $1000 and only 10mins away from each other
Posted via Mobile Device
So it doesn't really look like Exmark had that much of a mark up, looks like it just depends on where you buy from.. The prices i found the other day just floored me, but yardguy actually found some descent prices in Indiana no to far from me.. I still have not got any prices from dealers around here, they don't like giving out prices. They want you to come in sit down with them and talk abunch just to price some stuff..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

maybe now people will understand when i tell them in my neck of the woods exmarks and toros are on the low end of the cost. cause now they know they are true.

i have one dealer for scag, walker and wright stander and those are all more than the exmarks and toros.

i've always used toro and exmark. i've always been happy with there quality cuts and they make a good solid machine.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ummm Mutton Power's pricing is nothing special. I guess if you compare it to Exmark dealers pricing then yea i guess its marginally cheaper marginally! Compare that to Scag & Ferris dealers or even Bobcat Snapper Pro, Exmark is still way overpriced for what you get. Just my .02

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
Ummm Mutton Power's pricing is nothing special. I guess if you compare it to Exmark dealers pricing then yea i guess its marginally cheaper marginally! Compare that to Scag & Ferris dealers or even Bobcat Snapper Pro, Exmark is still way overpriced for what you get. Just my .02
I disagree. I don't find anything special about scag, walker or wright standard for the price they are in my market.

I never said mutton powers prices were special. but according to others on here they seem to be better than what there dealers are offering. and what do you mean compare it to exmark dealers. mutton power IS an exmark dealer. the only one in town too.

I feel scag, walker and wright stander are WAY over priced for what you get. nothing special or better about them. the ONLY one I can say has anything special or better is walkers GHS but that's it. they all cut good and are quality machines.

lets not turn this thread into a pissing contest of which brands are better.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I disagree. I don't find anything special about scag, walker or wright standard for the price they are in my market.

I never said mutton powers prices were special. but according to others on here they seem to be better than what there dealers are offering. and what do you mean compare it to exmark dealers. mutton power IS an exmark dealer. the only one in town too.

I feel scag, walker and wright stander are WAY over priced for what you get. nothing special or better about them. the ONLY one I can say has anything special or better is walkers GHS but that's it. they all cut good and are quality machines.

lets not turn this thread into a pissing contest of which brands are better.
I know MP is an Exmark dealer, i meant other Exmark dealers. Most dealers won't post their prices on a website. Heck, most don't even have a website or one that's worth while. Walker is another one that is over priced but they have a product that is extremely unique with little direct competition (navigator).

You never said their prices are special however your post of the MP site to reference that Exmarks pricing isn't as high as everyone's saying doesn't really support your point. None the less this thread was started about the TT's high pricing.

I'm definitely not turning this thread into another "who's the best mower" thread but its commonly known and reasonable to think that high priced products will associate itself with high quality, unique solution offer, great CS, etc, etc, etc, which i believe exmark is a competitor in that field, i just don't feel that their price is inline with the industry's best so you can relax!

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyst1 View Post
I know MP is an Exmark dealer, i meant other Exmark dealers. Most dealers won't post their prices on a website. Heck, most don't even have a website or one that's worth while. Walker is another one that is over priced but they have a product that is extremely unique with little direct competition (navigator).

You never said their prices are special however your post of the MP site to reference that Exmarks pricing isn't as high as everyone's saying doesn't really support your point. None the less this thread was started about the TT's high pricing.

I'm definitely not turning this thread into another "who's the best mower" thread but its commonly known and reasonable to think that high priced products will associate itself with high quality, unique solution offer, great CS, etc, etc, etc, which i believe exmark is a competitor in that field, i just don't feel that their price is inline with the industry's best so you can relax!
I'm relaxed enough dude. but it's hard to sound relaxed. you don't realize your talking to a guy who will ONLY buy toros and exmarks. the day exmarks and toros become unavailable to me is the day I go out of business.

you say there high priced. I happen to disagree with MP as my point. this whole thread proves why I don't see them as high priced and reinforces that thought. wherever the OP is from they are high priced I agree but I can get the same mower for around 3k less.

the price the OP has on his exmark is the prices I see on scags.

you clearly don't think of exmark as the industry's best. well I do. it's my opinion none of the other brands are superior in any way, shape or form with the exception of walkers ghs. they ALL provide quality cuts from what I've seen. they are all built solid and to last.

price really isn't the deciding factor for me when picking exmark or toro. but it seems a no brainer. why would I pay more for a scag, walker or wright stander when I don't think they are any better.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Walker is a superior product over the Navigator IMHO. This is coming from personal experience. The rest of their product line seems decent enough, though they are a little too pricey for me.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

On Mutton Power's website it says Exmark won't let them list prices. Why won't exmark let dealers advertise their prices?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
On Mutton Power's website it says Exmark won't let them list prices. Why won't exmark let dealers advertise their prices?
Too many people will walk. This is a sales strategy. If you want to get top dollar for something you need to see a person face to face and let your sales technique sell the higher price.

Closed Thread