Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like that the Husqvarna lists the retail price for everything on their site. So does Gravely. At least that way you know what the max price will be and can use that in your decision making process to decide among different models in their line-up.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
On Mutton Power's website it says Exmark won't let them list prices. Why won't exmark let dealers advertise their prices?
where did you see that? I already posted one link with prices. here's another though, just for you.

http://www.muttonpower.com/store/mob...er&entityid=47

all I did was go to muttonpower.com then hit the shop my brand button then exmark then a button that said 49 products.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.muttonpower.com/store/c-4...rn-mowers.aspx

This was from their website doing a search for exmark Z turns
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
http://www.muttonpower.com/store/c-4...rn-mowers.aspx

This was from their website doing a search for exmark Z turns
I got prices from that link. click on the blue bar across the screen that says products (29).

brings up a page with pics and prices.

http://www.muttonpower.com/store/p-9...s740kc604.aspx

I see where you see that statement but there is still a price below that and most have prices on the page that has all the equipment.

Last edited by yardguy28; 01-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I got prices from that link. click on the blue bar across the screen that says products (29).

brings up a page with pics and prices.

http://www.muttonpower.com/store/p-9...s740kc604.aspx

I see where you see that statement but there is still a price below that and most have prices on the page that has all the equipment.
Hey Yardguy if you live in Ft Wayne have you been to a place called Taylor rentals? Just wondering cause i almost bought a 36in v ride from them year before last and just ended up getting a hydro walk.. Just curious...
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Too many people will walk. This is a sales strategy. If you want to get top dollar for something you need to see a person face to face and let your sales technique sell the higher price.
I can't stand this ploy to get you talking to a salesman and/or inside the store regardless of what product it is.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Hey Yardguy if you live in Ft Wayne have you been to a place called Taylor rentals? Just wondering cause i almost bought a 36in v ride from them year before last and just ended up getting a hydro walk.. Just curious...
yeah Taylor rental is the walker, scag and wright stander dealer along with shindy and redmax.

if I were to buy from them I'd feel very comfortable. they are great guys and will treat you right. in my experiences any way. I rent from them all the time.

but as I said in fort wayne any way the scags, walkers, wrights, shindys and redmaxes are higher prices compared with the exmarks, toros and stihls. and I don't feel any of those brands to be superior to the exmarks, toros and stihls so I stick with the exmarks, toros and stihls.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Did you guys see that someone has ten 60 inch Turf Tracers for sale on the marketplace here for $3k each....former Brickman units.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G View Post
Did you guys see that someone has ten 60 inch Turf Tracers for sale on the marketplace here for $3k each....former Brickman units.
Yea i did, posted to see if he was a dealer or something and i don't believe he replied. Gonna check that thread soon.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I'm relaxed enough dude. but it's hard to sound relaxed. you don't realize your talking to a guy who will ONLY buy toros and exmarks. the day exmarks and toros become unavailable to me is the day I go out of business.

you say there high priced. I happen to disagree with MP as my point. this whole thread proves why I don't see them as high priced and reinforces that thought. wherever the OP is from they are high priced I agree but I can get the same mower for around 3k less.

the price the OP has on his exmark is the prices I see on scags.

you clearly don't think of exmark as the industry's best. well I do. it's my opinion none of the other brands are superior in any way, shape or form with the exception of walkers ghs. they ALL provide quality cuts from what I've seen. they are all built solid and to last.

price really isn't the deciding factor for me when picking exmark or toro. but it seems a no brainer. why would I pay more for a scag, walker or wright stander when I don't think they are any better.
Good i'm glad you're relaxed.

Let me ask you a question, why will you only buy Toro's and Exmarks? I came from an Exmark but i got smart and switched to a Ferris. Just trying to understand why some guys are so hell bent on Toro & Exmark.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Closed Thread