Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bought a Snapper Pro 60" with a suspension seat with tax out the door for less than $7000. Works great and Id put the ICD deck up to any other. Great piece of machinery. No more exmark for me!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLandscapes VT View Post
I just want to add a little to this discussion

I just had this chat with my dealer about this very concern--situation; we are looking for a walker/navigator to put on the trailer for our second crew. We demoed a navigator and made some modifications to it so that it behaved more like a walker and we were really impressed. Our biggest concern is not brand so much as we work almost exclusively with this dealer because of their standard of service. When we asked for a quote on this machine with the modifications (about $165) for this fall the price was a walloping $16,200.00 pre tax. I have a very open line of communication with the owner of the dealership and I explained to him my concern in the almost $5K price difference to the walker. He opened up to me about their pricing structure and the issue in the high pricing was not him but the distributor. Based on the replies to this thread it seems that this distributor may be responsible for increasing prices on more than just our area.

Thoughts?
I dont quite buy that. Its not the dealers, its not the distributors, its exmark themselves. They name the price. Now the price may fluxuate in different areas because quite frankly nobody is going to buy a 15000 dollar machine in downtown detroit. The money is just not there, however in high end areas they can get away with charging that. Overall though its a price increase, taxes are higher these days, employees pay is higher, health insurance premiums are higher, ex ex. Alot of people wanted this to happen and insured it when voting for obama. People need to realize costs have gone up across the board, look at your local grocery store, car dealer, and department store....
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My 36" WB is 20 years old and probably should be replaced. Was thinking about an Exmark, but now think I will get another Encore. I can probably get an Encore 36" Hydro for $3500. Only use on about 25 small back yards a week. I am not going to fork over $6000 for a 36"... It is hard to fathom 10k for a Turf Tracer.. I just bought another 60" last year for $6800. They are very nice, and I would say the best walk behinds, but the difference between them and Ferris is not THAT much!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

you must not have checked out muttonpower.com.

that should tell one major thing, that prices for equipment are clearly different in different parts of the country. I can't remember where the OP is from but I'm in IN and I know he isn't.

when I was digging up that link for the 60" tt I did come across the exmark 36" metro and it was like $3200. but that was I believe the gear driven model. didn't see the hydro models.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
when I was digging up that link for the 60" tt I did come across the exmark 36" metro and it was like $3200. but that was I believe the gear driven model. didn't see the hydro models.
Even that is a crazy price. The price of Metros has risen by 50% in a decade? That's some severe inflation. The amount of money we make on each customer hasn't risen anywhere near 50% in a decade. The price of fuel is up 100+% in the last decade.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yet some people still claim they have "no overhead."
Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobs41378 View Post
Was that Snapper brand new for that price?
yes it was, 48in sw30 with a grass gobbler
26in Exmark Metro
Honda Push Mowers
Stihl Trimmers
BR-600 Blowers

O-H-...
Not my President
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Even that is a crazy price. The price of Metros has risen by 50% in a decade? That's some severe inflation. The amount of money we make on each customer hasn't risen anywhere near 50% in a decade. The price of fuel is up 100+% in the last decade.
The prices are pretty much if not cheaper than a decade ago. people that don't understand how to calculate the cost of business is really hurting prices. A lot of lawns should be $100 if you figure inflation according to gas and equipment costs. Even trucks are high. 30k for a basic 3/4 or 1 ton truck is crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just checked with my dealer, he lists the 60" Turf Tracer at 8100.00.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I just called two different dealers to get prices on a lazer z s series 48" and the prices were different by $1000 and only 10mins away from each other
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread