Register free!

Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Dream Green irrigation's Avatar
Dream Green irrigation Dream Green irrigation is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Waverly, Minnesota
Posts: 55
Hunter PRS40

Did anyone use the Hunter PRS40 last season? I'm intrigued with the check valve. What any easy upsell !! But do they work?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM
GrunderIrri's Avatar
GrunderIrri GrunderIrri is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio
Posts: 28
I'm a RainBird guy and switched a few years back to all SAM PRS, Check valved and Pressure regulated head. Easy upsell most of the time, some clients dont see the advantage of pressure regulation but most do if you explain it or show them. I have had excellent results. You can really tell the difference when you retro an existing system that was not properly designed.
__________________
CIC, CLIA, EPA WaterSense Partner. And working on my CID
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,565
How about a link to the Hunter?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,316
I use both the Hunter MPR40 and the RB SAM-PRS.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I use both the Hunter MPR40 and the RB SAM-PRS.
I assume the Hunter MPR40 is the same sort of head as a RB SAM/PRS. Are there + or - comparing the two versions? I've never used Hunter sprays, so no clue; sure liked the SAM/PRS, though.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Dream Green irrigation's Avatar
Dream Green irrigation Dream Green irrigation is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Waverly, Minnesota
Posts: 55
I'm a Rain Bird guy. But i'm getting sick of spray stems sticking up. leaks around the spray nozzle. The Hunter demo is impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Green irrigation View Post
I'm a Rain Bird guy. But i'm getting sick of spray stems sticking up. leaks around the spray nozzle. The Hunter demo is impressive.
Most of the time a sticking stem (especially 12") is caused by improper installation and the landscape crew shoveling mulch over the heads. Once the heads are raised to grade, a little WD-40 on the risers will bring them back to working order. The RB wiper seals are the best in the business, IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:07 PM
grassman177's Avatar
grassman177 grassman177 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: leavenworth, kansas
Posts: 9,789
i have used the hunter and really like them
__________________
all is fair in love and grass! Man, it smells like sheet, do you smell that!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
SoCalLandscapeMgmt SoCalLandscapeMgmt is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Most of the time a sticking stem (especially 12") is caused by improper installation and the landscape crew shoveling mulch over the heads. Once the heads are raised to grade, a little WD-40 on the risers will bring them back to working order. The RB wiper seals are the best in the business, IMHO.
Are you effin kidding me? Did you really just suggest spraying WD-40 on a spray head riser? Any petroleum based product, WD-40 included will damage PVC. I'm sure that it will not do very well for the riser seal either. Clean the stem and the riser seal with water and make sure there is no sand in there. If either the seal or the stem are scored then replace them and make sure that the head is set to the proper grade.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalLandscapeMgmt View Post
Are you effin kidding me? Did you really just suggest spraying WD-40 on a spray head riser? Any petroleum based product, WD-40 included will damage PVC. I'm sure that it will not do very well for the riser seal either. Clean the stem and the riser seal with water and make sure there is no sand in there. If either the seal or the stem are scored then replace them and make sure that the head is set to the proper grade.
Geez Don, I had not realized you were a petroleum engineer, as well as all the other gigs you profess to be a expert at. You've got your head up your butt, as usual.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Page generated in 0.07348 seconds with 8 queries