Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
its funny to me that i have had my logo and info on the back window of my truck most of last season, never had a call from that or anybody approach me while out. went out for the first time with this little bitty sprayer in my truck ( was getting some gas and going to store..) between gas station and store had 2 different people ask me what i was spraying and if i had a card.. lol. got one estimate to do tommorow. the other is a landscaper who may be looking for a new guy to do his spraying,.. but doubt anythign would come out of that when or if he looks at my website and see's i offer maintenance as well.
I started like you with small equipment and did ok, but noticed a huge difference in my credibility and respectability when I got a new matching truck and enclosed trailer all pro lettered and looking sharp. I moved from being the guy with a pickup truck to a legitimate (perceived, not that I wasn't before and you aren't now) business.

People will give the small player a shot but you need to be professional and look professional and care for your gear and keep it clean.

Differentiating yourself from others by having the sprayer letting people know a little more about what you do is one step among many.