Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

3 month pre vs 6 month pre

Who does what? whats your results. do you like 3 month or do you like 6 month pre and why? and for those of you that do 6 month rate, hows your results?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your turf? I'm of the opinion that that much dimension or other pre could damage turf. Most pre-ems poop out after 6-12 weeks depending on amount. Enough to last that long could pack on the soil surface damage in a way that I have never seen. Just thinking. I'd rather error on doing two or more application than replacing a lawn. On warm season grasses, I use Gallery and a little dimension and get excellent results for 8-12 weeks.
Let us know your results should you do this as it would be good knowledge.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
What is your turf? I'm of the opinion that that much dimension or other pre could damage turf. Most pre-ems poop out after 6-12 weeks depending on amount. Enough to last that long could pack on the soil surface damage in a way that I have never seen. Just thinking. I'd rather error on doing two or more application than replacing a lawn. On warm season grasses, I use Gallery and a little dimension and get excellent results for 8-12 weeks.
Let us know your results should you do this as it would be good knowledge.

Do you just add the Gallery once or with every pre round? I have never used the Gallery because of price [i know it is now off patent] but heard it was very safe on warm season grass and lasted up to eight months.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Do you just add the Gallery once or with every pre round? I have never used the Gallery because of price [i know it is now off patent] but heard it was very safe on warm season grass and lasted up to eight months.
Don't know anything about the eight (8) month stuff. I will apply just the Gallery towards the end of February, then again with fertilizer and a little Dimension towards the end of April and gain 1st of August. All at the low-medium rate. Gallery is the least of the root pruning pre-ems and works well on warm season turf.