Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't waste good beer.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
I don't waste good beer.
I'm pretty sure the organics forum on this site is about done.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

that's what hurts. why do they lie to us?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Why do the chemical manufacturers lie to us?

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-16-2013, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

HayBay,,, I don't think it is intentional lieing by members of the forum,,, but it DOES appear that we as consumers are expected to believe, mutually exclusive ideas that we are to accept w/out question...

Our Madison U. , made a big production about using AACT on the campus lawns... they made a big production about ONLY using AACT on the lawns... serveral years later, I've heard nothing,,, but the PERCEPTION in peoples' mind is the IDEA that AACT alone will grow rich healthy soil and grass...

What Happened??? I knew what HAD to happen if anything we understand about consuming food, water and air, is to have any meaning at all...

One undeniable fact about life is that it needs to CONSUME and how can the consumers rebuild MORE food than they eat in a closed environment??? Where does the N come from??? Only 25% of the N remains (at most) from the cycling of grass clippings...
When challenged on the subject,,, many believers go into haters MODE and never ADDRESS the concerns... Only that us ignorant masses can't UNDERSTAND...
So HayBay,,, Think about it and let me know if there is something I don't see, that MIGHT disprove my thesis... I can't see where that is not the problem, and that's the Only reason that I can figure out the lie... but let me know if something comes to mind(in the forum, not in PM)...
Old 02-16-2013, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
HayBay,,, I don't think it is intentional lieing by members of the forum,,, but it DOES appear that we as consumers are expected to believe, mutually exclusive ideas that we are to accept w/out question...

Our Madison U. , made a big production about using AACT on the campus lawns... they made a big production about ONLY using AACT on the lawns... serveral years later, I've heard nothing,,, but the PERCEPTION in peoples' mind is the IDEA that AACT alone will grow rich healthy soil and grass...

What Happened??? I knew what HAD to happen if anything we understand about consuming food, water and air, is to have any meaning at all...

One undeniable fact about life is that it needs to CONSUME and how can the consumers rebuild MORE food than they eat in a closed environment??? Where does the N come from??? Only 25% of the N remains (at most) from the cycling of grass clippings...
When challenged on the subject,,, many believers go into haters MODE and never ADDRESS the concerns... Only that us ignorant masses can't UNDERSTAND...
You have a short and selective memory. Some people may say that only AACT is needed. However the vast majority of organic providers understand that it is a systematic approach which includes the addition of other food sources, proper seed selection, mowing and irrigation.
Yes, I understand you object to the use of the term "proper" without an indepth description of what that means. But many of us realize that the the description varies from site to site depending upon soil type, climate, turf type and the intended use of the turf among other things.
Please try to continue the discussion without out being so condescending and self righteous.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was discussing the hooplah put forth about Madison U.
I live in Wisco and watch the PBS Gardening programs so when Madison U., was highlighted, I watched with increased interest...

I am NOT attacking any individual,,, however I did attack the Concept of Microbes w/out food... just like I always have...
If you're NOT that Concept,,, then don't take it PERSONALLY... It's all good when one takes the time to analyse what is ACTUALLY being said...
Prejudice twists the Perception...
Old 02-16-2013, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
I was discussing the hooplah put forth about Madison U.
I live in Wisco and watch the PBS Gardening programs so when Madison U., was highlighted, I watched with increased interest...

I am NOT attacking any individual,,, however I did attack the Concept of Microbes w/out food... just like I always have...
If you're NOT that Concept,,, then don't take it PERSONALLY... It's all good when one takes the time to analyse what is ACTUALLY being said...
Prejudice twists the Perception...
Other than listening to the program, did you look into the project any deeper? have you contacted anyone involved in the project. Did you follow up with the manufacturer of GeoBrewer who lives in Wisco after I suggested you contact him?

When you make broad statements, we can't read your mind and know specifically who you are talking about.

I am not attacking you. I am trying to get clarity on what you actually mean when you say something.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineymountain View Post
Im trying to get the numbers of compost tea production and see what scale of production is feasible. Where would one go to find these?

Mostly what I am looking for is how much compost needs to be produced per account per application.
Okay -- back to your question:

I don't know how to manufacture "organic tea". What companies do?
Do they offer some sort of guarantee?

How much "tea" is needed? Are there different types of "teas"?
For what specific purpose? (like what type of plant material/soil, etc)

Does "organic' tea need to exist in the soil/plant root profile in order to work?
If so, do you just "water it in" and it will ''find it's place"?
Does "rain" do the job? If so, why aerate? How long does "tea" stay in the plant root/soil profile? Does it ever leach?

To me, it sounds like a "miracle cure". Maybe even "snake oil", yet I honestly do not know.

Not pickin' -- just have Q's. Thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Again,,, my comments were about the "HOOPLAH" about the great AACT growing wonderful lawns With No Other Inputs... the Hooplah has died away... IF they want to put on another program about AACT still being the ONLY input that the turf recieved over the past 7-10 years and how Wonderful it still looks,,, well then they should...

My statement ,,, from my understanding about LONG TERM applications of CT alone,,, is as follows:

Eventually the microbes don't do so well because the food is virtually GONE... IF I'm wrong then I will admit that I'm wrong, but I'm not pursuing them to hear more of the rhetoric... So in answer to your question ,,, No, I have not looked into it becuz it is the equivalent of looking into the usefulness of stringing up aluminum pie plates to scare deer from the vegetable garden... I know the answer, and they are NOT forthcoming with, "The Rest Of The Story"...

Am I to understand that phasthound does NOT believe that AACT is the LONGTERM supplier of the necessary N in Cool-Season turf??? is it all that is needed (Longterm) for warm-season turf???