Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Hold Up: Let me get this straight. You ordered 5k post cards for 600 bucks. If you EDDM direct mail them at 14 cents each.

5000 post cards x 8.33 cents = $600 dollars (printed)
5000 post cards x 14 cents = $700 dollars (mailed)
TOTAL: $1300 for 5000 post cards mailed

So for 1300 dollars (roughly 22.33 cents each) you are sending out direct mailers? If this is correct i need to stop paying adeas 29 cents for saturated addresses each(print, address, deliver to post office, mail). I am planning to do a major advertising campaign starting in Late Feb/early March and that 7 cents each is a lot after 15,000 post cards!

If this is all legit and 100% accurate, please pm me the details of websites i can go on to find mailer lists, where you show that EDDM rates are 14cents, and tell me how long this takes you. I can get 15,000 post cards from adeas printed for just under 950 dollars. Postage would only cost me $2,100. Thats a savings of over 1,300 dollars what i was quoted!

I usually use adeas because they do everything and its simple and easy, but saving thousands of dollars on advertising can allow me to buy new uniforms for all the guys and letter a trailer up.

Last questions:
-Who much work is it?
-What is the turn around if i already have my design for your printing company?
-Do you have to pre-sort them yourself (for mailing routes)
-Can you do invididual mailings (1000 post cards, one week in between, 5 times)?
-Have you done this before to share results from last year?

Adeas has shown me good results with every dollar i spend with them i make about 45 dollars back throughout the year. I really need some info on this and cant wait to here from you

-Jason
The thing you really need to take into account with EDDM is your not filtering your target market. Your hitting old homes, new homes, lower priced homes, as well as the more expensive ones that make the best clients. Your true cost to use EDDM is actually much higher because your going to have a lot of waste. You will be sending a lot of cards to homes that are not your target market.

You also need to be aware that the filtered mailing lists that most direct mail places use by default are crap. If you want a really good mailing list you need to deal with a place like InfoUSA that can use a multitude of filters to really hit your target market. There are a few other places similar to InfoUSA but they are the company I use.

For the actual printing you need to check out cactusmailings.com. The picture I used for printing was about 10 megs and the printing quality at cactus was amazing. I priced Adeas to see how they compared and cactus beat the pants off them. Not even close.

My target market is only high end (750K plus) and homes built no later than 1990. People with newer homes tend to be willing to invest in them while people with older homes tend to become complacent and think the stale aging landscape looks just fine.

I would caution anyone pondering EDDM to really scrutinize the facts and the waste associated with not doing focused mailings.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-19-2013, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the areas well enough on the routes I've picked for the postcards to go, with house values, demographics, etc. Thankfully the routes set up in my area are set up by development, therefore it's easy to pick what I want.
Exmark TTHP 36"
225 Gal MN Wanner Skid Sprayer
8' Boss RT3 Straight Blade

Licensed Applicator

Graduate - Anoka Technical College w/ Associate's in Hort/Landscape - May 2013
In business since Feb 2011
23 Years Old

When you have systems, you have control.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

These are perfect I was getting so jealous when I first looked at them with out seeing that someone did it for you. They are well worth the money they look amazing! I like the idea of giving two free mowings
Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterLawns&Gardens View Post
These are perfect I was getting so jealous when I first looked at them with out seeing that someone did it for you. They are well worth the money they look amazing! I like the idea of giving two free mowings
Thank You!! It will only cost me around $750.00 to mail 5,000 out!
Its a pretty sweeet deal USPS has.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

$750 and that includes Bob's printing & design?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Are you contracted to have them do the printing? If not you can use gotprint.com to print them. I don't know how well they do on work from personal experience I haven't ordered mine yet, but from the way I hear others talk on here they do a good job and the price is far better than anyone else I have seen. I can't afford to order 5000 yet but for 1000 they were only 120
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet! Myself, I prefer grass photos taken on a dark cloudy day--the grass looks greener. If you can manage to get your truck parked in the drive that is a plus. Of course this is probably a stock photograph, so not likely...unless the stock photograph could have a truck in the background...and then photographically insert your name on the truck.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
$750 and that includes Bob's printing & design?
Posted via Mobile Device
No just postage cost. so its right around $1,250.00 without design fee.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterLawns&Gardens View Post
Are you contracted to have them do the printing? If not you can use gotprint.com to print them. I don't know how well they do on work from personal experience I haven't ordered mine yet, but from the way I hear others talk on here they do a good job and the price is far better than anyone else I have seen. I can't afford to order 5000 yet but for 1000 they were only 120
That's not really a good deal. If you do 5,000 its about 450 for printing. if i would do 5,000 at $120 per 1000 cards that's $600.00. If i were you i would do at least 2,500.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
LawnSite Member

If you search hard you might be able to find a cheaper deal on printing but it's not the end of the world. I looked around last year and found a local newspaper who would print my postcards at $.09 per postcard. I had them do 5,000 postcards for my first batch i mailed out and then had some large company off the internet print my last 5,000 for my second batch. the larger company was a little cheaper but if you held up local printed postcard vs large internet company postcard.... the local one looked a lot better. picture was clearer and picture didn't look dazed. both did the job though.