Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

2006 Chevy 3500 4x4 Duramax Mason dump

Truck is in great condition! Don't let the mileage foul you look at the pictures! Dump body is less than one year old lightly used. Interior is less than one year old as well. No mechanical issues! K&N Washable HD air filter New tires on the rear and front still have wear left on them. This truck has alot of life left in it because of the maintenance and refurbishments that we have done to it. New Brakes (calipers, pads and rotors all oem) New shocks monroe pros up front and ranchos in the rear. New tires in the back making the truck plow ready. Dump body is less than a year old and was only used to hold and dump grass clippings during this season. Duramax and allison transmission are bulletproof it runs and pulls the same as when they are new! We no longer need this truck so we will consider all serious offers. The truck and in its current condition we think should yield 22k in the spring but we want to make some other purchases now!!! so make us your best offer and we'll seriously consider. Can help with shipping but that will depend on where...
227150 miles on the truck. In great condition a electrician had it before me and his tool box body fell apart... those aftermarket things just don't last....
So thats why it has a new Dump body on it and I threw the interior in there... This truck is ready to work 100% Minus the plow and the crew...
Make me a offer. or if you need more info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize 1.jpg (158.2 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg resize2.jpg (159.5 KB, 463 views)
File Type: jpg resize3.jpg (154.7 KB, 455 views)
File Type: jpg resize4.jpg (151.7 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg resize5.jpg (162.7 KB, 435 views)
File Type: jpg resize6.jpg (182.9 KB, 436 views)
Old 01-02-2014, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

pictures

Heres a few more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize7.jpg (183.3 KB, 428 views)
File Type: jpg resize8.jpg (184.8 KB, 422 views)
File Type: jpg resize9.jpg (145.1 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg resize10.jpg (133.2 KB, 428 views)
Old 01-04-2014, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How does $20,000 sound for a diesel?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Would you pay almost 20 grand for a work truck with a quarter million miles?

I understand it has a lot of money into and a duramax/4wd. But think about that if you were a buyer
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would... Depends on the actual condition of the truck.. Diesel's like this can get 300k+ miles, its the rust that makes the trucks not last as long. When I bought this truck in the spring it had 220k on it was skeptical.... Guy was asking 18k for it too.. After looking at it in person and understanding that a electrician used it seemed to be mostly highway useage.... I've seen trucks with 30k on them that are way worse condition costing alot more.
Now I put a bunch of man hours and parts into this truck to get it up to our standards. Its worth the money just buyers need to look past the mileage and look at the actual condition.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I mean first thing we did to this truck when we got it was power purge all the fluids all new filters and cleaned it up really good. Now with new brakes, tires and shocks. We were going to use it as a plow truck but we lost the bid which was supposed to be a "sure thing" So I made sure the front end was in good condition upon buying... From what I know the front end bearings were replaced less under 50k miles ago. Upon inspection of the rear they were good. Assuming one puts good gear oil in the back kinda hard to wear those out... Stack this truck up against anything similar price range/age this truck will most certainly be in better condition.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'll get outside tomorrow and take a few pic's of the frame and such to show its in really good codition.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You paid too much, 12-15 is what it should be priced at, it is a clean truck, good luck with the sale
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I hate to say it... trucks are money pits... its not a house so you usually don't see much return... there is how much a certain truck is worth working, that changes if it needs work. But repairing a working truck or upgrading general only returns use not value. If you get what I am saying. 20k+ is way too much. I actually was blown away when I saw the price... I just looked at a 2012 f550 diesel extended cab. It was a cab only but 27k with only 2k miles. Just my two cents, good luck but I predict you will lose money on that truck selling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did it have west coast mirrors on it at one point?

"You have the ability to choose which way you want to go. You have to believe great things are going to happen in your life. Do everything you can - prepare, pray and achieve - to make it happen."
- Dr. Benjamin Carson

"Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses."
- Mitt Romney

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
- Benjamin Franklin

Closed Thread