Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My bad. That was commercial rate. I was looking at wrong sheet here last night from our realitor. But next door to me, talked to the renter this morning is roughly 44 x 66 he is paying $1500 a month. Good location, etc. Thing is I have buildings that we rent. I would not rent but that is me. I like ownership. Kinda like rentinig a house. But some of these guys are limited by the bank. The bank tells them (or so they say) that your building is hard to generate income from therefore how do we cash value the payments. I priced a new shop. All steel building, the whole nine yards. 88 x 120. Estimates came in around 500 - 600K. Bank said no to me. So our current shop works but in time we'll need to add to or sell this one and build all new. My wife has been looking for retail space to rent. We are seriously lookiing now at land and building new. They want 10-12 a sq ft for space for her. She then still has to do all the interior work to make to work for her. I know storage buildings around here say for a 10x30 rent for $60.00 a month. 9x8 door, thats it. My sister rents a 10x10 in Minneapolis for $120 a month. They are in the process of selliing and built new.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help. I had $1800 in mind with a office and bathroom in it. I just purchased a new piece of property for my business. I am using the front shop and this is the shop in the rear I am wanting to rent. I now have 23acres there a 60x100 shop with a 50x50 office on the end of it divided in half with a parts room.