Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Best Source of NEW Revenue Comes from OLD Clients

I wrote this for my blog but wanted to share it here as well....

So you have 100 maintenance customers but you have decided you want to grow your business. You want more work. You have crunched your numbers and you are prepared to put your company out there and chase after new clients. It's competitive out there and you really have to do a much better job these days distinguishing yourself from your competition. You have to have a clear and concise message that..... wait.

I just thought of something...

If it's more revenue and work you want maybe you don't have to go after new customers. Maybe you have all the new work you need in your database of existing and former clients.

Think about this for a second. These are people that have already decided that they want to work with you. They have already paid you money for services you have provided. They have proven they trust you and prefer working with you versus another company.

This is about "up-selling", and it is not that difficult to do if you take the right approach.

Go back to your database of existing and former clients. Walk their properties if you have to. If you really open your eyes wide, you will see a significant number of suggestions for additional/needed services that you can go to your clients with.

For example, let's say you take care of a client's property by providing the following services: mowing, shrub trimming, mulching, and fall clean-up.

Well what about spring clean-up, aeration, dethatching, seeding, fertilization, weed control, bed maintenance, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure you can think of plenty of possibilities.

Write them down and then contact the client either in a letter or by phone. Explain to them what you noticed and break down the BENEFITS of having these additional services performed.

Why chase new clients when you have plenty of work right in front of you?

Tags
lawnbusinessreport.com , lawncaresuccess.com , sean adams , thelawnletter.com