Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-05-2015, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

HBL and Holidynamics

I'm curious as to what is going on with these companies. I've been buying some of their products for years and I've been to a number of their conferences or training sessions are but it seems like their restructuring every other year.

From what I know, Scott started HBL a few years ago as a split off from another company and then for some reason that he had restructured as Holidynamics and now Mike is running HBL again.

Obviously all of this make me a little bit leery of doing business with them. What's going on?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2015, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I started with what most of us know as HBL. A few years into it, quality of product went to sh!t as most would agree, Scott changed the warranty program, stopped charging for affiliate access, openly marketed to your next door neighbor to be your competition, plain and simple stuck it right up everyones bhind in my opinion.

Mike was taking the heat from everyone and essentially people abandoned ship so to speak. Even people with distribution centers were looking for access to other products.

Spoke with Mike a few weeks ago about the alliance with Rich- who was an original partner with Scott, Rich designed the trees etc and has been based in Chicago. The warranty they are assembling is 3 years, as I understand strictly wholesale no hop on the website and buy what the dealer is offering etc.

From my experience from initial research right thru flying to Omaha for the training and then after being up and running, Mike has been and I would expect nothing less of him than to continue to be a straight shooter and supporter on many levels with the companies involved in the lighting industry. Holy-dynamics, I steer clear from unless I have to have something and can only get it there.
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 07-25-2015, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The Mike/Rich deal should work well. I would think the defections for anyone who was crazy enough to still be loyal to Holidynamics should be on an epic scale. They are going to be doing the three year warranty again and not the six week/one year joke warranty.

I will be seeing Mike at the TNLA show in Dallas in a few weeks. He just let me know the other day that he will be going. I had been telling him for years he should go. The Texas market is huge with Decor, LightSource, and Exmas Designers all either being based here or having a location here. Litenetics and a few other are based here as well.
Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/