Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2013, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is why I don't rebuild carburetors.

I just replace them, whole.
Yes, it's more expensive.
But less headache, too.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to hear from some of the other top wrenches on here. This would be a first for me, having a coil cause a carb issue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

FYI, I just finished the installation last night. It runs (Seems to run stronger but that could be wishful thinking). I'll see what it does in use in the next few days in real use....and I'll let you know if it solved the issue.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

OK so a few days ago, I posted that I was told that I could probably solve this problem(same as yours) with a change of he coil. I installed it last week (no trivial matter) and got a chance to test it today. A complete success! I ran it for at least 6 hours today. Not once did it sputter. It started every time..and whenever I checked the bowl...no excess gas! I am now almost positive that this was the issue. a few more sessions should verify it for sure...but things look very encouraging!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

My second run was a week ago. Ran for 8 hours, no issues...I am calling this one solved I think.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats. I for one am still trying to figure out a bad coil causing flooding. Rich, yes. A wet plug sure, but fuel pouring out the carb. Oh well if mechanicals were easy there would be no need for good mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Member

The only thing I can think of is that it (the condition of the spark) was so bad that there was a significant amount of fuel just not getting fired....I know that sounds a little weird, you would think that if some ignites it all ignites but hey the results speak for them selves. I'm glad I spoke with that mechanic....(who by the way doesn't work on Cubs at all.....its a Kubota/Husqvarna/Stihl Dealer). (all orange ...no yellow) I was in purchasing a Stihl leafblower when just out of the blue I asked him because 2 other shops couldn't figure it out. He did say that he has seen that before and if I had exhausted all the fuel related possibilities then to give it a shot. Bought the part from Amazon for less than $50.00 ....that and about 3 hours of labor got me there.....much of the labor was trying to figure out how to get at the darned thing. But once figured out, I guess it wasn't all that bad. So Kudos to Norfolk Power Equipment in RI!!!