Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterLawns&Gardens View Post
See that is what I was thinking but I was worried about the color being too hot on top of the shirt being a thicker material than just a T and besides my logo color is a dark green so really I am limited on how dark the shirt can be in the first place. I am worried about stains though. Especially with bringing on an employee this year, will they take extra time to get all the stains out like I did? And even with extra scrubbing all of them didn't come out anyway. I have a problem with wiping my face on my shoulder when working so all the sweat mixed with dirt gets wiped on there and is really hard to come off after a while.
That light color is going to show everything, and will be impossible to clean after a few uses. Plus you look "dirty when giving a estmate in the afternoon. You should be able to find a light materal in a dark green color, I often wear "mechanics" pants for the simple reason there light and comfortable.

Another thing I was looking into was gettting some custom made "patches", they could be sewn on hats shirts or jackets.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

For pants the green Carhart B151 pants are great. They fit loose and keep you cool but still wear well. Online you can often get then for as low as $30 each shipped.

For tree work they also make some duck cotton pants that are indestructible.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The fishersmens type of button-down shirts are made from 100% nylon & in a light breeze dry extremely fast & they look pro with a nice collar. Don't confuse the ones from Columbia brand that are 100% polyester 'cause after a month they start to stink & retain an odor. Ridiculous since they average $40 each.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So did you go with these? Are they Dickies?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
For pants the green Carhart B151 pants are great. They fit loose and keep you cool but still wear well. Online you can often get then for as low as $30 each shipped.

For tree work they also make some duck cotton pants that are indestructible.
I swear to god I have those in "kaki" color and those are my dress up, goin' to a funeral pants!

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 05-09-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

honestly no I didn't end up getting them for this season we are still using the t-shirts from last year. I found out in January that I am expecting baby number 4! So I didn't invest much into the biz this year because I am not able to expand as much as I wanted too. Hubby asked me not to get any more yards since he will have to work his job and mine both once I get too far along. So to spare him I kept growth down this year. Even though we did manage to pick up 5 new customers with out a lick of advertising.

Plantscape Solutions: I had planned to go with the green color pants but thought about maybe just starting out with jeans and see where that goes...

Tags
hat , shirt , uniform