Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Criticize my door hanger please

First time sending out door hangers, can you guys please help me out with some criticism. Let me know if I should add/remove something. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ldm door hanger.pdf (261.6 KB, 465 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Criticize my door hanger please

Add pictures It's boring. Spice it up a bit. Make people want to read it
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with JayBrown. There is nothing engaging about it. People tend to underestimate how much people don't want to read a mass of words.

If you went as is, there are quite a few formatting issues. You have line spacing issues where you change from the large to smaller fonts. Reading paragraphs of centered text is not how we are conditioned to read, which creates an awkward visual experience (look at the "recommend the most" like).

The paragraph below "Early Bird Special" needs some formatting help and attention to spacing.

Is there a second side?
Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a suggestion. Put the Early Bird Special at the top as an attention grabber. Marketing pieces need to get the readers attention asap.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty bad......and your service must cost a ton based on all those things you are going o followup with. Put some prices that grabs peoples attention and they are likely to keep the handout.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning to put together a door hanger design this week and I'm thinking about putting something near the top that says "our services start at $xx.xx" to give the customer an idea of what a basic service costs. Otherwise, people will have to contact you to get that info, wasting a lot of time on people that have no idea what landscape maintenance costs.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks guys, so I'll add pictures, un-center the text, and put the early bird special towards the top. im not sure why the font spacing is off it didnt look like that in Illustrator. and tonygreek there is no second side.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Door hangers are tough because you dont want it to be cluttered but you have a lot of info to communicate.

I agree putting the Early Bird special at the top, that is your motivator over the 4 or 5 other flyers they might get in the first couple weeks of March.

I know its more expensive, but if you have to have all this info, i'd make it two-sided and put the paragraph on the back. I agree that many people will not look at it just because it seems like a lot to read. Think about it, I typically get the mail or door hanger when I get home from work, the last thing I have energy for is reading every credit card offer/sales pitch/and junk that does not change my life and keeps me from my wife and kids. It has got to have a message I can receive at a glance, then when I am interested you can have all the wordy stuff on the back or on your web page or wherever.

Pictures, eh it depends on the pic.

Looking forward to seeing your changes, I already think it looks better than alot Ive seen.

Oh and the paper its printed on is important to, I see so many on regular copy paper or colored copy paper. They look cheap and is thus a reflection on the company.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

This may not work but I am trying to attatch one of our flyers. It may not be the best out there, but I literally get a couple each week and the customers says they called because my door hanger looked so good. the empty space at the top is where the whole for the door knob is. They are also on thick card stock and about a little bigger than most. If it doesnt attatch Ill try again.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf forum flyer.pdf (145.0 KB, 114 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Member

I believe throughout is one word not 2