Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Advertising opinions and thoughts

I am starting a new publication in my market and doing a home advertising book. Basically anything related to making someones home better. (painters,remodling,lawn and landscape, hardscape,,windows& doors, alarms, ect.

I bought a forclosure recently and it needs some smaller type things done to it, here's the problem, when i search online for a contractor i find 40,000 different companys in a 900 miles radius, this could be more simple if i could pick up a local magazine at say the grocery store with reputable local contractors in my immediate area. so here is what i have come up with for pricing
full page $1499
Half page$849
Quarter page $449
these will be distributed to over 250 local stores mostly chains(kroger,walmart,Cvs) starting at 20,000 per month and looking to put out about 40k of them per month.
It will be free for people to grab by the entrance/exits at these places.

What i'd like to know from you guy's is, would you pay to be in this book? Are these prices in line with what you would expect to pay for targeted marketing to people that need work done versus Reach that just bl;ankets a zip code with 40,000 books. Please don't hold back I am going to do this book i just want real world opinions on pricing and thoughts before i hit the street selling it. I already have a printer and distribution channels set up.
Here are the pics.
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I would be interested in getting my landscaping company in that. Message me and give me some details company is located in Kenwood OH