Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That is true. I would suggest doing a goole search on the goods and bads of AL. There is some good reading on it. And yes most of them didn't pay the $5.00 to report their findings, and I like the lawsuits that are against AL customers for slander.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I've talked to my rep about that! If it's truly a slanderous review you can have it removed, but it's very hard, they are very concious about that.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I received the super service award from Angie's list. Lots of good reviews but you will also have to deal with crap like this one. Remember, I didn't do any work for this person.

"I WAS HAPPY TO FIND THAT THIS GUY WAS CLOSE TO WHERE WE LIVE.I WOULD GIVE HIM AND F BUT HE DID CALL TO TELL ME THAT HE DOES NOT COME TO OUR LOCATION. HIS SHOP IS IN SHELTON AND WE ARE 20 MILES FROM THERE. WE GOT A GUY IN PORTLAND THAT WOULD DRIVE HERE.I THINK ANGIES HAS HIM FEELING SO IMPORTANT HE CANNOT WORK. THE FIRST CALL WAS A MESSAGE SAYING HE COULD NOT MOW BECAUSE OF RAIN, THAT WAS NOT TODAY AND WE DO NOT HAVE A YARD.I AM SORRY HE COULD NOT WORK FOR US.
WE CALLED HIM TWICE, THE FIRST ONE WAS A MACHINE SAYING HE COULD NOT WORK TODAY DUE TO RAIN, IT IS NOT RAINING AND WE DO NOT HAVE A LAWN.
THE SECOND TIME I LEFT A MESSAGE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A LAWN.
HE CALLED BACK TO SAY THAT HE DOES NOT GO TO HOODSPORT WHICH IS 20 MILES FROM HIS SHOP.
Member Comments:
WE CALLED JEFF TWICE, THE FIRST ONE WAS A MACHINE SAYING HE WAS NOT WORKING TODAY DUE TO RAIN. IT IS NOT RAINING.
I CALLED BACK AND SAID WE DO NOT HAVE A LAWN.HE RETURNED THAT CALL AND SAID HE DOES NOT GO 20 MILES FROM HIS SHOP TO OUR HOME IN HOODSPORT.
I WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM AN F EXCEPT HE DID RETURN MY CALL.
HE IS TOO BIG FOR HIS BRITCHES."

Company Response:
I explained to the member that her property is not in our service area. I referred her to another landscape company.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Member

BBB is up near 1k a year if you want to be accredited by them etc..... waste of time