Register free!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Resolute Pre emergence

Hi everyone
I'd like to get some input on Resolute 65wg Pre emergence.This would be used only for my personal yard.I've used simazine in the past with pretty
good luck,but I wasn't aware you needed the rotate every other application so I need some suggestion on what else to use.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

I use it on most my properties. It's ok, just generic barricade (prodiamine). Tends to disappear in July even at max rate. A follow-up treatment at a lighter rate in June may help. Why not do split app's of Dimension if it's your own lawn?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Dimension cost to much.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use simizine in my fall application. My first app in February-early March I use Prodiamine and the second app I use Pendamethalin. I do agree that the chemicals should be rotated and that is why I change with each application.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Is it time now to put down Pre-emergent and should I down a split app.or just 1 app in the fall and 1 in the spring, which one is better. I have purchased some Resolute and the salesman said 1.5 lbs per acre will last about 6 months.Can someone explain just what I need to do to have a weed free lawn next year.I was using Prowl at first per the Co-op guy with not much luck then I switched to Simazine which worked real well till lately thats when I found out about rotating the chemicals.How much Simazine per acre should I be putting down and gals of water per acre.My sprayer puts down 28 gals per acre.I also have a 55 gal that mounts to a tractor that puts down around 40 to 42 gals per acre.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slong1958 View Post
Is it time now to put down Pre-emergent and should I down a split app.or just 1 app in the fall and 1 in the spring, which one is better. I have purchased some Resolute and the salesman said 1.5 lbs per acre will last about 6 months.Can someone explain just what I need to do to have a weed free lawn next year.I was using Prowl at first per the Co-op guy with not much luck then I switched to Simazine which worked real well till lately thats when I found out about rotating the chemicals.How much Simazine per acre should I be putting down and gals of water per acre.My sprayer puts down 28 gals per acre.I also have a 55 gal that mounts to a tractor that puts down around 40 to 42 gals per acre.

Thanks
I know this is old, but this may help others. You would only want to do a fall application if you if you have warm season turf (bermuda). For cool season turf (fescue) in TN you will get best control if you do a split application February for first and May for second app. In Tennessee you would want to use 1lb. per acre, so you would add 1lb. to that 28 gal. sprayer. We use Prodiomine in the first app and demintion in the in the second app, this gives us some post emergent action if anything slips past the prodiamine. This program will allow the pre-emergent to open up in time for overseeding in the fall. If you don't plan to seed, then you can do a fall application to keep poa and other winter weeds out.