Clip 6 5.50%
Lawn Aid 1 0.92%
Arbor Gold 0 0%
Lawn Pro 12 11.01%
Other 24 22.02%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Service auto pilot is expensive. That is why jobber is next on my list. I am just afraid jobber is too basic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Member

The Service Program

Has anyone heard of this program? Is seems legit. Im in the same boat as well. Looking hard into Jobber SAP and qxpress. The Service Program is very similar to qxpress and claims to be the leading add on for quickbooks but I cant find any reviews of this software in LawnSite.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had never heard of it. I am interested in reviews also. It looks pretty good. I just did a google search for theserviceprogram.com scam and put bbb behind it, I didn't investigate too much but didn't see anyone online mentioning they were scammed and no complaints. It might be a good idea to talk to quickbooks about it. If they are dropping the quickbooks name and qb is backing them then it might be a good thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use Gopher software, and it's okay - nothing special. I personally love Service Auto Pilot but with the size of my company I simply can't afford it. I chose Gopher because it was about the cheapest one I found.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson Lawn Care View Post
Service auto pilot is expensive. That is why jobber is next on my list. I am just afraid jobber is too basic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Would anyone be surprised if I vote for Jobber? Haha Glad to see that we are in the running Larson LC. I just wanted to touch on a few things to address your concerns.

First of all - we just announced that we have raised a second round of funding and are really kicking into overdrive with the product development. This is a really exciting time of growth and opportunity for us just like yourself. On that note: although our price point is a lot easier to swallow, rest assured that our customer base is varied and we have new clients just starting out - all the way to clients doing over 10 million annually with over 4,000 customers.

We put a lot of time and effort into usability, and our customers who have come to us from SAP really notice that and love us for it. The other thing we've got going for us is that we're *constantly* improving Jobber. We literally add new features and improvements every week, as can be seen on the Jobber Blog at http://blog.getjobber.com.

I just thought I would weigh in with that ó*maybe some of the Jobber users on the site here that have experience with both systems will weigh in too.

In any case - you can check it out for yourself if you have not done so already. We offer a 30 day free trial to test it out and we also offer free ONE on ONE demos so we can go through it together and figure out how to set it up for your business.

I can't wait to see where this pole will be 6 months and 1 year from now!

Cheers,
Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was considering the 30 day demo for jobber. I emailed sap a long list of questions, and I would like to email the same questions to you Jeff. One question that I did not ask sap that I have for you is: do you offer free customer service? With every software I have owned, they offer x amount of free help with the software, after that, they want to charge for it and there was no way after paying the money that I did for the software that I would pay them to help me with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson Lawn Care View Post
I was considering the 30 day demo for jobber. I emailed sap a long list of questions, and I would like to email the same questions to you Jeff. One question that I did not ask sap that I have for you is: do you offer free customer service? With every software I have owned, they offer x amount of free help with the software, after that, they want to charge for it and there was no way after paying the money that I did for the software that I would pay them to help me with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi,

We would be happy to answer all of your questions. Actually, the best thing to do is to send it to info@getjobber.com, that way they will get answered by the first available account rep. Not trying to pass the buck here but they have way more technical knowledge than I do so that is probably your best bet.

To your second question: of course we offer free customer service! I find it appalling that you would be charged for support.

We really pride ourselves (and are becoming known for) our great customer service. To start off - I always recommend the free one-on-one demos so that you can become familiar with how to use Jobber for your business. The best way to get help would be through email or submitting a support ticket (I like that way since you can see what actions are taken to get it resolved). Of course you can always give us a shout too.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I use Grounds Keeper Pro. Although getting things set up and started is easy, and most of the product is pretty intuitive, there are some strange shortcomings. For example, you can print out your daily schedule(s) but it doesn't allow to change the order of the jobs. Weird, eh? Another thing you can't do is enter driving time between jobs. It is nice to figure out man hours and unfortunately driving time is a significant part of that. It would be nice if they added some way to keep track of this. I wish they would make it so you can set your sales tax rate globally. I wish they would make it so you can view your schedule daily, weekly, and monthly. The scheduling feature is cumbersome and needs work. I also wish they would add an option to enter your mileage(s) each day. Another annoyance is you can't change a customer ID number once it has been established. I would like to have each customers ID number start with a letter to represent their service day of the week but once you set the ID number it can't be changed. A strange omission in functionality is you can't select multiple lines when you are scheduling work. This slows down the scheduling process significantly and it seems like such an easy fix.

I do like how it handles creating/printing invoices, setting up services and setting those prices, and more. I like their pre-printed invoice forms. They work great with windowed envelopes which reduces labor in the office. I think most of the annoyances are pretty minor fixes which makes it frustrating that they haven't just taken care of them. I agree with another user who said it is a bit cartoonish. They are offering business software - they should get away from the cartoonish image. It turned me off a bit too, although I did go ahead and buy the product.

Lastly, I have dealt with them a bit on the phone and I felt like they really do care. That helps.

I'm saying a couple good programmers could turn this "okay" piece of software into a good piece of software with a few days of hard work. I wish they would roll out an update!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

BTW, I had two reasons for my post/review of Grounds Keeper Pro. First I wanted to give people who are in the market for software another opinion to use to help them make an educated choice. But even more important, I wanted to give the people at Adkad (the company that owns Grounds Keeper Pro) another reason to work on an update for their software. I sent them a screen shot of my post. I would encourage others who voted for Grounds Keeper Pro to email the company and let them know what things you wish were different. The value of asking for changes on a forum is they know lots of potential customers are reading this stuff. Make your voice heard. I personally have an ongoing list of suggestions that I update anytime I notice something when using the software. I send them requests from time to time. (Obviously, this is applicable for other software packages too.)

Last edited by nozzy; 02-14-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Sponsor

Thumbs up GroundsKeeper Pro Software

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions regarding our GroundsKeeper Pro software. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our software and release updates about every 1 - 3 years. Your data will always import easily from the older version into the newer version so you have no downtime.

We here at Adkad Technologies are currently working on an update for our GroundsKeeper Pro business management software.

It will be available sometime within the next 7 - 9 months.

We welcome software suggestions at: http://www.adkad.com/suggestion.cfm

Thank you for taking the time to give us your suggestions for our software. Your feedback will help to shape the future of our software, software updates and overall way of doing business. We appreciate the unique opportunity to see ourselves through the eyes of our customers and are eager to gather ideas on how our software can be improved.

Adkad Technologies
GroundsKeeper Pro Business Software
www.adkad.com
(P) 800.586.4683