Lawn Pro 12 11.01%
Other 24 22.02%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Service autopilot is the best
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone that uses sap talk about the recent changes, bugs and fixes. Do they have the system right yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Member

landscapebilling.com is what i use. very professional invoices and everything is backed up off site where if something happens to your computer (like mine was stolen when my home was burglarized). also it is available on mobile devices such as phones or tablets. all for $8.00 a month which is nothing when you think about someone stealing you computer and all the unpaid invoices that are no longer there. trust me this is the way to go...
Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It is getting way better. Slow but sure they will have everything right. I wish they had record keeping forms for pesticide apps on there mobile version - made the suggestion - hope it happens soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Sponsor

@McFarland_Lawn_Care: We do that

Just a quick heads up to everyone, we've started putting together a Jobber Video Tutorial Series. The first in the series, covering the Jobber Calendar, is up on our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdhvw...RU3W-WDh0GfLaT

We'll be continuing to add videos in the Video Tutorial Series, as well as for any new feature releases in the weeks and months to come. We find it's a really effective way of showing how to use the software, and hope you do too!

Cheers,
Sam

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook

Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for putting the videos up for Jobber. I still haven't tried a free trial. If Jobber syncs with my Quickbooks during the trial? I wouldn't want anything to be effected in my quickbooks data. As of right now, I have no work coming in except for snow removal. Spring clean ups will not begin until march, or mid march. If I demo Jobber and add fictitious info to test it out, will it save it to my quickbooks? If so, is there a way to get it out of there? I want to demo every aspect of the software, so syncing with quickbooks is a must.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Sponsor

Hey Larson Lawn Care,

There are no limitations during the trial period, so yes, you can sync with QuickBooks. If you set up the sync however, it will indeed synchronize your customer information. If you make changes to customer data you can expect those changes to push back into QuickBooks as they should.

If you're concerned about not actually impacting your QuickBooks file then I suggest you not hook up the synchronization. The other option is to create a new test QuickBooks file to synchronize with. I should also mention that many of our customers are actually finding that they can ditch QuickBooks entirely, since we do Invoicing & Billing, Payment Tracking, Expense Management and Reporting quite nicely right inside Jobber. Might be an opportunity to simplify your work flow.

Cheers!
Sam @ Jobber

Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What does SAP do that Jobber cannot?

There are a lot of people on the site who love SAP and say nothing touches it.

I'm just curious what the biggest differences are. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jobber,

I noticed that you said that most people quit using Quickbooks after using Jobber which interests me. I have been unable to find lawn care software that handles expenses well. Also what does Jobber have for reports? Reports is one of the things I like most about Quickbooks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Sponsor

Hey APLUS LAWN CARE,

Indeed —*most companies find that the full-bore accounting functionality of QuickBooks is way more than is actually required, and just needlessly complicates day-to-day operations.

We actually just released our Expense Tracking functionality in Jobber a few weeks ago (http://blog.getjobber.com/2013/01/ne...ses-in-jobber/) and our customers are loving it so far. We also have a full suite of reporting functionality that provides more than what most small/medium businesses need. We're also constantly improving and adding to Jobber, so we'll be adding to all of this functionality going forward.

That being said, we're not competing with pure accounting software such as QuickBooks. Jobber is first and foremost easy to use and effective business management software, and we aim to provide all of the most important fundamental accounting functionality as well, but not everything that you would find in QB, because that would make it impossible to be any good at the other stuff. Accounting software is by it's nature big and complicated, and that's territory that we put an enormous amount of engineering effort into staying away from, so that we can focus on the things that actually matter on a day-to-day basis for field service businesses, like client management, scheduling and invoice management.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,
Sam @ Jobber