Clip 6 5.50%
Lawn Aid 1 0.92%
Arbor Gold 0 0%
Lawn Pro 12 11.01%
Other 24 22.02%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Bill master is a very nice program it can do everything you need it to do it does it all and they will completely customize it to your needs they did it for us at no extra charge, and it's not overly expensive as you would think. We have been using it for about two years. It is quick to learn. It does everything quick books can and so much more. Just go to www.billmaster.info
Old 03-11-2013, 02:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

For those that chose other, let me know what you are using. I am finding more and more service industry software.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson Lawn Care View Post
For those that chose other, let me know what you are using. I am finding more and more service industry software.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a SAP customer (since January) and haven't been real happy with it. If you do snow removal, DON'T do it. It's a disaster. I can see the promise in this software, but it certainly would work better if you had someone in the office (which I do no). I'm actually going to do the free trial for Jobber.
The less fun hand stuff...
Old 03-13-2013, 02:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know what you think of jobber
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2013, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Here is a plug for Jobber regarding Customer Service. I had an issue in which I could not sync to Quickbooks Online. It was weird, since I had been able to sync many times before. Anyway, the point is, that as soon as I sent in a support ticket, Forrest (the support guy) went right to work and truthfully, seemed like he worked around the clock (waiting on me to respond to his questions).

Great customer service. Just like others have mentioned.

2001 F-150 Supercrew 4x4
2003 F-150 Supercrew 4x4
1998 18 ft Equipment Trailer
2012 Exmark Turf Tracer 36" Walk Behind w/Velkie
2011 Toro Z-Master G3 48"
Stihl String Trimmer and Stick Edger
Sthil BR600 Backpack Blower
Lesco 80lb Spreader
Lesco 4 Gal Backpack Sprayer
Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will second the customer service from jobber. Very quick. The next thing will be to see how fast they get the new features up. Sounds like they have a lot of nice features coming out. I hear all the stories of sap over promising so I'm interested to see if they follow through better. The way they respond to everything now I would say they probably will.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Member

I'll third the customer support at jobber. They try very hard. If any of you guys are currently using them shoot me a message if your having the same routing/scheduling functionality problems that I have been having. Either one-off or reoccurring. Setting that up at the beginning of the season is a bit difficult knowing that rain, drought, cold weather etc will change schedules even though all routes are pretty much on the same schedule. They still change. A lot. Seems like entering charges and having to change the schedule often could get time consuming. In grounds keeper entering charges was based off of routes. I liked that but not being able to email customers there invoices was why I got out of groundskeeper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Marshman, I think I'm having the same basic scheduling issue that you are. I have not figured out how to move a "group" or "route". I have to move individual visits for an entire day if it rains or other scheduling issues arise. I only have a few customers now, but it would be ugly if I had a full schedule. I'm not sure that I want everything to just "slide" a day if it rains, but maybe I do....

2001 F-150 Supercrew 4x4
2003 F-150 Supercrew 4x4
1998 18 ft Equipment Trailer
2012 Exmark Turf Tracer 36" Walk Behind w/Velkie
2011 Toro Z-Master G3 48"
Stihl String Trimmer and Stick Edger
Sthil BR600 Backpack Blower
Lesco 80lb Spreader
Lesco 4 Gal Backpack Sprayer
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

No you don't/won't. Some customers are weekly but you still skip them some are biweekly but in the spring are every week. A master schedule where they could change it daily without effecting the big master schedule would be of great benefit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Member

There's two types of programs here, and neither of those types interest me. There's the weird PC software based applications that only work on one computer. Those programs are outdated and are practically worthless. The second are closed system SaaS. First, they try to do everything, and they do them all poorly. You don't know anything about accounting. Stop trying to do accounting. What's the point in an online closed system? You can't predict or solve everyone's needs. You better give me an API to work with. You better have lots of add-ons that interact with all of the other SaaS out there that are actually good at the specific things they do. Generic, but customizable field service and job management SaaS offer more options and are more flexible than lawn based closed system SaaS.