Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

????????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
my standards are higher than anyone elses so it's never a problem for me.

we don't even have hoa places where i live. never heard of them until i came on lawnsite. in a perfect world what you said would work but we all know 75% of people in the world are nuts and are never gonna play by the rules. you gotta learn to accept reality.
What part of AL are you from, I grew up there and new what a HOA was when I was in high school. You're always talking as if you live on the end of a 10 mile dirt road and never go to the other end to see the stop sign.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i've lived in georgia and alabama my whole life and never heard of them. i guess they are out there but i've never personally had any experience with them. i lived right outside of atlanta and never heard of them growing up. i mean i don't drive around the whole city of atlanta seeing what all is there. i just stick to my area i live in lol. i never saw an hoa at the georgia dome or anything lol. maybe there is an area here that is an hoa. i just don't know about it. i'm not a member of an hoa and never have been. to me it would just be another neighborhood.

from the sound of it an hoa is something i never wanna deal with.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
i've lived in georgia and alabama my whole life and never heard of them. i guess they are out there but i've never personally had any experience with them. i lived right outside of atlanta and never heard of them growing up. i mean i don't drive around the whole city of atlanta seeing what all is there. i just stick to my area i live in lol. i never saw an hoa at the georgia dome or anything lol. maybe there is an area here that is an hoa. i just don't know about it. i'm not a member of an hoa and never have been. to me it would just be another neighborhood.

from the sound of it an hoa is something i never wanna deal with.
I live around the ATL and live in one. They are all over the place. No way of really knowing which neighborhoods are HOA unless you research them or hear from another person though.

I got a letter from the HOA letting me know I had a small weed (1-2inches) growing in the crack of my driveway and the next notice I received would be a fine.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They are everywhere here also, most are a real pain, but they CAN be a source of revenue. I recently learned that if you live an neighborhood with one you ARE REQUIRED TO PAY DUES, they have the power to put a lein on your property if you don't.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
They are everywhere here also, most are a real pain, but they CAN be a source of revenue. I recently learned that if you live an neighborhood with one you ARE REQUIRED TO PAY DUES, they have the power to put a lein on your property if you don't.
That's funny because my neighborhood has one as well. No one keeps their property up and less than half the home owners pay the $35/year fee.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Yep. There's HOA's all around me in N. AL. They don't do whole-neighborhood mowing though, they're really relaxed. They just make sure people aren't letting grass grow 5 feet or have trash around their house. I've worked in some neighborhoods that had HOA's and never had a problem.

'04 Silverado
77"x12' Trailer

John Deere Z-Trak 737
2 Echo SRM-225 Trimmers
Husqvarna 125BT Blower
Echo HC-150 Hedge Trimmer
Echo CS-370 16" Chainsaw
22" Toro Recycler
More to Come Soon!

My Website: www.hartsellelawncare.com
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox gsl View Post
That's funny because my neighborhood has one as well. No one keeps their property up and less than half the home owners pay the $35/year fee.
I didn't say they are required to but CAN if they so choose, at least here maybe not everywhere.I'd imagine it depends on who the head of the HOA is and the status of the neighborhood, the higher end it is the more picky they tend to be.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I didn't say they are required to but CAN if they so choose, at least here maybe not everywhere.I'd imagine it depends on who the head of the HOA is and the status of the neighborhood, the higher end it is the more picky they tend to be.
I pay 800/year for dues which is a complete rip off. To be honest, my HOA is not all that picky. I have a retired guy like 3 houses from me who drives up and down the street slowly while writing 'infractions' so he can report them
Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will P.C. View Post
I pay 800/year for dues which is a complete rip off. To be honest, my HOA is not all that picky. I have a retired guy like 3 houses from me who drives up and down the street slowly while writing 'infractions' so he can report them
I'd find out what happens if you don't pay the fee, if nothing quit paying the fee, LOL
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I wish mine were stricter. Most of my immediate neighbors keep their place up nice, but some of the ones on the next street over and at the front of the neighborhood live in crack houses.
Posted via Mobile Device