Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well, trading off hours between marketing homework, and actual marketing i was able to send out 250 personalized spring letters to current customers we service. Everyone we serviced in the last 18 months (mulch jobs, one time hedging jobs, spring clean ups, regular maintenance customers, one time mowing customers, snow removal customers, and landscape installs) . I have never done this type of thing, nor had the time to do it, but today i sat in my office all day, and studies and typed these things up. I used some of the lingo from another thread on here but they pretty much said hey its spring, were offering some new services, as well as some great offers. Call today, yada yada... All of the regular customers got a letter telling them what day of the week they are going to be serviced this year and also included in the envelope was a pre-paid 4x6 post card that had a survey style questionaire as to what services they may want this year, and a spot for their email address which was manditory for continueing service with us. I am going to be doing all "e-billing" straight from quickbooks each month for my regular customers. No more spending a whole day printing out invoices, labeling them, licking them, paying for postage, paying for gas to go to the post office, envelopes, paying for ink, and on and on.....I was averaging about 300-450 invoices per month last year and it was costing me right around 350 dollars per month go get them all out.

THATS A Fockin TRUCK PAYMENT!!!! Enoughs enough, i would rather loose a customer or two than be spending that kind of money on stupid paper and billings.

Also, i got my 10k post card mailing ready togo, which was as tedious as it gets. Took me about 3 1/2 hours to label and sort everything, but i got it done. They are going to be going out 5 days later than original.

Here are some stacks for you..... keep in mind, this is 1/5 of my entire post card advertising campaign!!!! Im dumping way to much money into this, i hope it really pays off.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

For any of you northerners that love snow. I will post some pictures now of my hobby in the winter for my little brother and the neighborhood kids. Which ables me to use my toys all year round!!!!

One of me and the gf, the snow maker in action, the kids all having fun, the house on christmas(we were on the news with the only snow in South East Michigan with snow)

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pics wont upload, give me a sec
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have also been slowly printing letters & proposals to every client we did anything for last year. It just takes so much frickin time to print the letter (mine have the client's name on them (dear xxxx), personally sign it, fold, get into envelope, peel adhesive sticker (no licking for me lol), it all adds up. I also see what you mean with invoicing taking forever. It's a pita. I'd push hard for email only but with my mac, QuickBooks uses the Mac's email which I don't use, I use my website's email obviously so it gets kinda messed up if I email invoices, I have to save the invoice as a pdf, then upload it as an attachment, then send. I usually delete it off my computer after sending so they don't take up too much room.
I think if I get near the point you're at with 200+ invoices a month, ill buy a windows or mac desktop, buy another copy of QuickBooks (if required), and after about 3, or 4 months it will have paid for itself with the time & expense of postage & envelopes.
Who did your custom envelopes & biz cards?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some more pictures
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

and some more
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some more pictures. I love snow making!!!!
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 01:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere Fixing John Deere(the groomers)

Only house in Michigan with snow on Christmas!
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Screw snow, I'd much rather see a thermometer that shows 95 degrees!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

8 foot snow whale!!!! John Deere got Stuck! Me and my baby!
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed