Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Trugreen knocked on my door today.

Don't want them getting too far ahead of me. Especially in my backyard soooo I am now doing the paperwork to mail my 1st 5000 out on Wednesday.

We bundled last week. So it isn't taking long to get the routes set up.

1st time doing Eddm. But the local post office actually said that a local restaurant did an Eddm to the same area that I am and got overwhelmed with the response. I can only hope to be that lucky.

Good luck all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Long restless nights worrying bout advertising.lol jk... Just thinking to myself, can you really grow substantially without advertising and just "word of mouth" referrals? I read so much in here where guys get customers left and right from "good work"..... I'm telling you right now I do some of the best work around, have a clean company image and advertise like crazy and get maybe 5 good customers a year from word of mouth..... My area is so saturated with companies that most neighbors have different companies and just stick with their companies. Wen they screw up, on to the next landscape company.... No true loyalty with people mowing for 15 per cut
I haven't gained a single client from word of mouth. My market is saturated also. I cant wait to get my postcards BBC out, just to get the ball rolling on the landscape season, I haven't sent out this much advertising before so hopefully it'll yield a good amount.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
I haven't gained a single client from word of mouth. My market is saturated also. I cant wait to get my postcards BBC out, just to get the ball rolling on the landscape season, I haven't sent out this much advertising before so hopefully it'll yield a good amount.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am excited as well. I am going to have 9000 post cards going out on march 20th and am so excited to see results and gain some good accounts.

Btw, I bought a John Deere 400 with a snowplow earlier this season for $250 dollars, put some work into it and painted the plow, and sold it today for $3200 on craigslist ..... Finally free up some capital for start up costs and new uniforms and truck downpl0ayment

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dlong, i need your design info on a thread i posted under commercial landscaping. Thanks buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work on the Deere. I too am hoping for some good quality full service accts from it. We have 7-12" of snow coming tonight. Hopefully this is the last of winter and we can do clean ups in early April this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Dlong, i need your design info on a thread i posted under commercial landscaping. Thanks buddy.
Posted via Mobile Device
ill check it out.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Nice work on the Deere. I too am hoping for some good quality full service accts from it. We have 7-12" of snow coming tonight. Hopefully this is the last of winter and we can do clean ups in early April this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
oh boy, i see the radar. a lot of my family lives in minnesota,in minneapoles**, mankato, and other parts. THey are getting nailed! Good lukc with the storm, stay safe

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-05-2013, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks man. Will do. I thought I'd maybe get some sleep before heading out around 1 (hr and a half from now). But nope! Too excited NWS just upped the total to 4-8" overnight & another 3-5" tmrw. 7-13". I love per push & hourly contracts! Especially medium commercials (2-3 acres) that are hourly!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
i am just bitcc hing about how long 15k fliers is going to take. 532 is not many fliers, but do that 30 times and it takes some time. Also, when i bundled them by 50, its gonna take double the time. Wish i bundled them by 100!!!!! Stupid me!!!

I mailed my first batch today. 1542 of them. Took me about 25 minutes to get everyhting ready.
I thought I saw an awful lot of pairs of shoes in one of your pictures.. unless you wear all of those at some point, you've obviously got some family.. kids, parents, wife, etc living there with you... put their asses to work, especially if your lawn business is a big $$$$ provider to the household, why let them reap the rewards without putting in a little of the work?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its his business. I know dlong is a year younger than me, but why should his parents (if he does still, I'm not sure if he does live with them or not) have to help him? Idiotic.
Posted via Mobile Device