Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Also thanks everyone for the help on making this decision and I cant wait till I can give everyone some true feed back on this thing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps_lawn&landscaping View Post
The air cooled 35 big block on the Tt isn't bad at all on gas like you would think. Around 1.6 to 1.8 on gas. With the power it takes less time to mow under loads. It takes a lot to put even put it under stress. The 32 vanguard is night and day on power between the 29 dfi even though by numbers it's only 3 hp. I honestly never checked the fuel on the 32 bb but it does use less. The 29 kaw dfi sips the gas around 1 to 1.4 gallons an hour. But it makes me mad to run the 29 after I have gotten use to the big blocks.
I checked Scags website and the EFI motor sips the grass compared to the Big Block. Is it that much of a difference in power where you don't like the 29HP? 1.8 is almost $7 an hour in fuel.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I have run the 29 dfi and to me its a disappointment it wasn't worth1500 more plus the ratings on scags website are under full load ive read the big block isn't near as bad in normal mowing and i do run into alot of situations where grass should really be bush hogged first so in need the extra power.... so lets just hope this thing doesn't break the bank in gas lol I will give feedback soon as we can go back to mowing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Got my turf tiger today!

When you put the 29 under heavy loads it uses more gas because its under stress. When you put the big block in the same condition it won't even break a sweat because of its power resulting in not having to use much. You really have to be mowing some thick stuff for the carb to open up and drink the gas. When I use the 29 it does fine on weekly cuts but it is a real big difference. I just traded the new Kholer dfi 29 Tt for the 35 big block for the power and it wasn't as bad as I had thought on fuel. But if you could get a mower with the 32 Bb it is the best of both worlds as far as power and not using much gas.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats! Nothing like that "new mower smell". What year model, engine and size Grizzly?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharps_lawn&landscaping View Post
When you put the 29 under heavy loads it uses more gas because its under stress. When you put the big block in the same condition it won't even break a sweat because of its power resulting in not having to use much. You really have to be mowing some thick stuff for the carb to open up and drink the gas. When I use the 29 it does fine on weekly cuts but it is a real big difference. I just traded the new Kholer dfi 29 Tt for the 35 big block for the power and it wasn't as bad as I had thought on fuel. But if you could get a mower with the 32 Bb it is the best of both worlds as far as power and not using much gas.
Thanks for the feedback I will keep that in mind when my day comes that I'm a proud owner of new TT!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought it brand new two season ago its 60 in deck exactly same mower as husqvarna pz6029 has 412 hrs its a good mower but I have already replaced the deck bearings and
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Member

They were greased properly and dealer support just wasn't there in my area its built like a tank though and the deck is awsome almost as good as velocity deck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC669 View Post
I checked Scags website and the EFI motor sips the grass compared to the Big Block. Is it that much of a difference in power where you don't like the 29HP? 1.8 is almost $7 an hour in fuel.
Look at the difference in cost between the two. .5 to .8 gal/hr difference depending on who's numbers you use. 1.50 to 2.25 difference per hr. Does that sound that bad? Going to guess the bb holds its speed for hills etc better also which reduces time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Got my turf tiger today!

I mow some hills especially at one church that the bb just climbs with no problem mowing at around 3450 rpm. The 29 kaw barely makes it up the hill .