Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ask your supplier if they can get you ethanol free (E0) 91 octane. Would be worth it at whatever they charge.

Quote:
I'm a solo operation so 150 gallons outta last me awhile...
Keep in mind that the ethanol crap ain't gonna wait "awhile" for you to use it before going bad. E0 will.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be one of my next year or two goals to put in a gas tank and diesal tank at my shop also. I would love the convience of having tanks to save time and also to keep better records and orginazation of fuel consumption. I checked into this allready and it will be a few thousand dollar investment just to get started so I will wait for awhile.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would e(0) need to be ordered? We have 3 grades of e0 right down the road from here. Less than two miles.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Why would e(0) need to be ordered? We have 3 grades of e0 right down the road from here. Less than two miles.
Wow! I definately envy you.

But the OP was talking about having gas delivered to his 150 gal tank and E10 at that. So I imagine he would have to order it.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
That would be one of my next year or two goals to put in a gas tank and diesal tank at my shop also. I would love the convience of having tanks to save time and also to keep better records and orginazation of fuel consumption. I checked into this allready and it will be a few thousand dollar investment just to get started so I will wait for awhile.

check with fuel suppliers, so will bring and set you a tank.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
Where you save the money is not stopping at the station every morning waiting in line and buying all the other crap in the store.
Just buy gas once a week. I realize some guys may need more gas than can be safely carried in the mowers or a couple of 5 gallon cans. In those instances, getting an extra truck mounted tank would be worthwhile, considering the wasted time spent in the gas station.

Here's a hypothetical situtation...

3 guys in a crew. They stop at the gas station every day and waste at least 20 minutes filling the mowers, going to the bathroom, buying drinks and snacks. 2 of the guys are paid 10 dollars an hour and the crew leader makes 12.

You've paid the CL 4 dollars. You've paid the laborers 6.66 dollars. That's $10.66 per day. Multiplied by 5 days equals $53.30 per week. Times 25 weeks equals $1332.50 a year wasted playing around in the gas station.

How much are DOT legal portable gasoline fuel tanks? You can get a 109 gallon DOT legal tank for $1200. http://www.transferflow.com/shop/pro...?p=1&c=10&s=p- The tank would pay for it's self in a little over a year even if you stop once a week to fill the tank. And I'm thinking that all but the busiest crews will go longer than a week on 109 gallons. And you will get a bunch of years out of these tanks. The pumps are usually rebuildable and/or replaceable. The tank it's self should last forever.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

on site fuel

I bought 100 gallon tank mounted it to a skid so I can load it take it fill it up and unload it with bobcat. That way I can take trucks and fill em and then we can fill mowers each morning. Last year by the time we got everything loaded got to the store filled everything it was an hour before we dropped the mowing deck. Hopefully can cut that down to 30 minutes this year. Save $20 a day that's $400 a month