Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy627 View Post
Ok that makes sense. What type of grass do mow in your area? Here in Georgia we cut mainly Bermuda, it's not near as thick as some other types of grass such as zoysia or Kentucky blue grass. So mulching here in the spring might not be too much for the mower considering how thin Bermuda grad is compared to other types.
Posted via Mobile Device
alot of sod, fescue
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i run 2 exmark metros i run high lifts all the time. i have the chutes on the machines so if i need to keep the clippings down all i do is put the chute down. i also carry rack'em baggers to throw on if i need to collect the clippings. i tried the gator blades (mulching blades) years ago and found that while they did reduce the clippings being thrown out they didnt provide the suction under the deck to lift the grass and make a clean cut. i found they didnt cut all the grass evenly. the high lifts work for me and my customers. biggest thing with any blades in my opinion is keeping them sharp, balanced, and with a clean deck.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
So just 2 low lifts per spindle? What do you do offset the blades? And you run the full mulch kit? Has it ever hurt the bearings or anyting?
Just put them in a + position.. I posted a pic somewhere.

We get heavy spring growth and wet conditions. Never take the mulch kit of with doubles.

Stay far away from serrated edge blades like gators. They are messy in heavy growth