Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Just had a thought. Make out I'm hiring flyers for door hanger distribution [no sales, solicitation or door knocking required].

Starting pay $10 an hour. Commission bonus on accounts attainted.
Job requires lots of walking and you must be physically able to stoop down and put some material under door mats
Some other bullet points.
Ridiculously flexible working hours.
Job does require updates via email or text for each run started and approximate areas covered.
Require job experince in customer service, retail or food service.

Drive up to latte' stands in town and hand over a few flyers. The operators tend to be easy on eye's young ladies usually....am I not correct...? Birds of a feather stick together ....right...?

By having flyers makes it look professional and you're not trying to hit on them...

What do you think...?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Member

We get females from the local colleges around here to go and hang on door, works well. People will answer with female over male,,especially if she is eye catcher
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspglac View Post
We get females from the local colleges around here to go and hang on door, works well. People will answer with female over male,,especially if she is eye catcher
Yup.... total no brainer.

Do you post a flyer on a bulletin board. Stand out there with a stack of flyers and hand them out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Took my son and dad to Carl’s Jr and I was a bit surprised to see this in the establishment.

So I asked if they had any spares of this display and sure enough the Tire Shop next door bought both of them.

Funny ....one of the staffers there said the card board super model has miraculously survived several incidents in the past few days.

Sorry pics is a bit blurry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VyuT-spwH8s
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: jpg IMG_20130208_131429_726_sml.jpg

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 02-08-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks are one thing. The person that represents my company has to have knowledge of the industry and skill to sell my services. My wife does most all our customer relations, but she knows the business as well as I do. Most residential customers are women and do relate better to other women.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Looks are one thing. The person that represents my company has to have knowledge of the industry and skill to sell my services. My wife does most all our customer relations, but she knows the business as well as I do. Most residential customers are women and do relate better to other women.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well...once a home owner whether younger easy on eyes lady or older retired lady sees that I'm not scary or ratty looking, not a creepy stalker type and present myself in a professional manner....it always flow well after that point.

Nowadays a male showing up just to deliver a flyer or door hanger raises concerns.

If I could afford to hire supermodels with excellent people skills on Saturday's when folks are home and out and about not even door knocking just hand out material with a hello and hi ....I would do it in a heart beat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Um...I made the mistake of showing that pic of the cardboard super model to my son's mom. She says he can never go back there... sheeze. How harsh.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

They are peddlers, all they are trying to do is get names and phone numbers for anyone intrested, after that its up to your salesperson to close the deal..........They just trying to get leads..
Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspglac View Post
Okay Guys,

I really need help on this. We had a death in the family and I’m a full week behind schedule. I’m thinking about laser printing up some of my professional looking cleanly designed post cards with a “WE’RE HIRING door hanger and flyer distribution people on the back. Hand them out at the college, gyms tanning salons, latte stands wherever. Make as little or as much as you want, ridiculously flexible working hours whatever.

Hand them out to the ladies with good customer service skills maybe a few non threating males that resemble
Justin Bieber or whatever. The males just can’t look like a threat. I can’t have people out there with bad knees or scary looking tats, borderline derelicts etc.

I’d strongly prefer the folks to live pretty close to the area the material would be distributed.

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Time for a bump. A year later and much water under the bridge. Your success with this...?
Posted via Mobile Device