Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very true!!! Thats a pretty sound business plan if you find the right people...
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well sorry for hijacking the post, I'll leave after this statement.... But if you fire any salesperson that can only sell 500k a year send em my way i'll find uses for them....
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't have the sales to hire a full time sales person. I do have an unemployed friend who love to talk with people. I've thought about telling him that if he sends me any leads I would pay him a fee.

I'm just doing mowing and applications(weed, mosquito, fire ant). So a small weed customer might be 325 per year and a small mowing might generate 1250+ a year.

So would you pay him a percentage of the sale or just 50 per app customer and 100 or so per mowing?? Interested in ideas.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige Landscaping View Post
@ Lazor-cut I don't think you understand production landscaping and if you have time to do all sales then more power to you. @eganscountrygardens I think your a little high on percentages but look pretty good on goals. I do think that if your %'s are that high that your gonna have to incorporate that into your pricing system @ quietone I also think your high. And will fail with the %'s that high 7% of one million would be 70 thousand a year the only way would be able to do that is to build into your pricing and then with the market being as competitive as it is then your will NOT win any bids
I don't know anything about maintenance sales, but for installs 7% is the lowest I've worked for, 10% is standard, and I've gotten 15% (gross cost, not profit). At this point in my career if I went back to work for someone 10% would be the minimum I'd take.

I would think that if you're established enough to hire a full time sales pro and you're sending him on leads where you're competing against low overhead, one truck operations, your targeting is off.