Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a good one, have a customer whose wife is not quite all there. They apparently are having problems with the septic system and have taken the cleanout cap off in the back of the house for the occasional over flow and no I don't mow anywhere near this. Nice neighborhood $200.00 a month account. I notice some Tomato's coming up near the cleanout, they get about a foot tall and stakes and netting appear around them. I am thinking OMG. They get to the point they are producing and appearantly are being picked. I am working there late one day and the husband comes home, I never usually see either one of them. I ask him if he is enjoying his fresh tomato's, he says yes, she told him they just came up and were growing great all by themselves, he never goes out in the yard. I told him it was no wonder and told him why. The next week the plants were gone
Old 04-14-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Got a call yesterday..

"Hello, I just wanted to give you some feedback on your ads, We don't do business with people who put things on our door."
Old 04-14-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Texas Oasis View Post
Got a call yesterday..

"Hello, I just wanted to give you some feedback on your ads, We don't do business with people who put things on our door."
Some neighborhoods just get pelted with door hangers. When I lived in one of them, it got annoying. The most annoying was some genius that put his card in a ziplock bag with a piece or two of gravel. Simply tossed onto the driveways. I can't imagine calling him for any work. Actually bordered on vandalism. They were all over the neighborhood.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Got a new customer a few weeks ago. Gave him a call today to see if he would like me to start mowing next week (the grass just started growing). He tells me he went with someone else instead. He told me he would have felt more comfortable if i had someone working with me. The guys yard is 1/4 acre, and i have a 48" zero turn. why would i need another guy with me? so i can charge you more? lol, at $25 you aint getting any cheeper. I sat down with this guy for a hour 3 weeks ago and talked about everything.

Not really pissed about it. Its only $100 a month. I would have rather not wasted my time. At least see how i do before you think i cant handle your little yard.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

One of my recent favorites was a call that came in over the weekend. Got a call from someone about a supposed gopher problem. They claimed the gophers were in their house, and I quote: "they chewed through the floorboards and carpeting, chewed up a bunch of wiring, and are hiding somewhere now."
Old 04-26-2013, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a call from this woman to go look at her yard about 2 weeks ago on a Monday. So I set it up to where I look at it Friday. Get to her house to find someone's already cut it. Said she forgot she had me coming. But wait its gets better. So I tell her my price and everything that's involved on that friday and she says she wants me to cut it. Ok I know your game now. Call her the following Monday just to remind her of my coming by at the end of the week. She ask who am I. I tell her the whole story again so she says oh yeah I remember. Call her in the same week on Wednesday same thing happens. She can't even remember I talked to her just 2 days ago. Tell the whole story to her AGAIN. So Friday finally comes around. I call her that mourning you know friendly reminder. It happens yet again she doesn't remember. But I whined up cutting her yard. So this is where it's really bad. The next Monday she calls and ask me to come back and cut her yard (calls me 4 times in the same day). I tell her im coming friday. Calls again the very next day and ask me to come cut her yard. So I explain I'm coming Friday. So I called her today just to make sure she half way remembers I'm coming she says yeah I'll see you tomorrow. Um what the heck?

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was her name Dori? Haha, sorry... "Finding Nemo" reference
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades Lawn Maintenance View Post
I got a call from this woman to go look at her yard about 2 weeks ago on a Monday. So I set it up to where I look at it Friday. Get to her house to find someone's already cut it. Said she forgot she had me coming. But wait its gets better. So I tell her my price and everything that's involved on that friday and she says she wants me to cut it. Ok I know your game now. Call her the following Monday just to remind her of my coming by at the end of the week. She ask who am I. I tell her the whole story again so she says oh yeah I remember. Call her in the same week on Wednesday same thing happens. She can't even remember I talked to her just 2 days ago. Tell the whole story to her AGAIN. So Friday finally comes around. I call her that mourning you know friendly reminder. It happens yet again she doesn't remember. But I whined up cutting her yard. So this is where it's really bad. The next Monday she calls and ask me to come back and cut her yard (calls me 4 times in the same day). I tell her im coming friday. Calls again the very next day and ask me to come cut her yard. So I explain I'm coming Friday. So I called her today just to make sure she half way remembers I'm coming she says yeah I'll see you tomorrow. Um what the heck?
LOL. Sounds like more trouble than its worth.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zechstoker View Post
Was her name Dori? Haha, sorry... "Finding Nemo" reference
I'm telling you. I should save her number as that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyPlastic View Post
LOL. Sounds like more trouble than its worth.
Nah as long as she pays me I don't care what she does.

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Some neighborhoods just get pelted with door hangers. When I lived in one of them, it got annoying. The most annoying was some genius that put his card in a ziplock bag with a piece or two of gravel. Simply tossed onto the driveways. I can't imagine calling him for any work. Actually bordered on vandalism. They were all over the neighborhood.
Posted via Mobile Device
This Very thing happened to me today. I came home and thought there was a piece of trash in my drive way. Actually thought it was one of my 5 year olds art projects from school that probably fell out of my truck or something. I pick it up and its an advert for a guy that does home and auto glass repair. had about 5-10 tiny pebbles in it. i look around and there is one in all my neighbors drives. the least he could do is make it with hyper pink paper or something so we could see it. i almost didnt even notice it.