Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Member

exmark or scag?

We are about to purchase new equipment? What manufacture do you think is the best? We have been running exmark but have thought about switching.... Also we run echo handhelds what do you think about these?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What are you talking about? Walkbehinds or ZTRs or standers?? Walkbehinds hands down Exmark. ZTRs might be more of a tie. On the Echo thing, half will tell you it is awesome and half will tell you it is junk. I personally think you can do a little better than Echo.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

exmark or scag?

I'm talking about bout both walk behinds and zero turns... And echo has done the truck so far just wanted to hear what people had to say. I have a couple employees that hate and other don't say much about.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Both brands are good you can't go wrong with either one. On the handheld
If you have time to kill OK. Do you do cleanups and leaf removal we run only REdmax 8500
Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i run exmark walk behinds and scag riders. I think echo is ok at best. Were i used to work we had a bunch of SRM 230's. All no more than 3 years old and most of them were terrible most didnt have power to do basic trimming. there blowers and hedge trimmers are pretty good from the limited experience i have with them
Old 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
i run exmark walk behinds and scag riders. I think echo is ok at best. Were i used to work we had a bunch of SRM 230's. All no more than 3 years old and most of them were terrible most didnt have power to do basic trimming. there blowers and hedge trimmers are pretty good from the limited experience i have with them
I would agree. I like the Exmark walk behinds but I'm thinking of leaving my Exmark / Toro riders for Scag Turf Tigers. I would also agree with the comments on Echo. Six to eight years ago, I ran only Echo and they did lose a lot of power after a few seasons. Switched to Stihl 90's and 110's and they have been excellent.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't buy a SCAG Cheetah w/ the 31 Kawasaki unless you want to add oil to it often. A turf tiger has many great reviews on here, but so do exmarks.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwantausername View Post
Don't buy a SCAG Cheetah w/ the 31 Kawasaki unless you want to add oil to it often. A turf tiger has many great reviews on here, but so do exmarks.
Dude, you haven't had enough hrs on the engine to be talking as much smack as you are. Give it some time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Dude, you haven't had enough hrs on the engine to be talking as much smack as you are. Give it some time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh okay, 230+ hrs isn't enough to tell? Say, you don't happen to work for Kawasaki now do you??

What do you consider smack? Informing people on a open, public forum of an issue I'm having with a very large and reputable company? In addition to letting people know how many times I have tried to let the company make it right?

Last edited by Ijustwantausername; 01-26-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

When it comes to walk behinds hands down Exmark. Now ZTR for me down here where many people just like grass cut, I choose Scag. Now if you want a more manicured cut that would be Exmark.