Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dathorpe View Post
I would agree. I like the Exmark walk behinds but I'm thinking of leaving my Exmark / Toro riders for Scag Turf Tigers. I would also agree with the comments on Echo. Six to eight years ago, I ran only Echo and they did lose a lot of power after a few seasons. Switched to Stihl 90's and 110's and they have been excellent.
same here I use all 110 trimmers and have no complaints at all
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are you cutting? Perfect grass goes to exmark, everything else scag has em beat.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustwantausername View Post
Oh okay, 230+ hrs isn't enough to tell? Say, you don't happen to work for Kawasaki now do you??

What do you consider smack? Informing people on a open, public forum of an issue I'm having with a very large and reputable company? In addition to letting people know how many times I have tried to let the company make it right?
Don't work for kawi, I'm a lco with a decent degree when it comes to engines though. Have a buddy who did design some kawi engines and currently designs polaris/victory engines. Interesting note on a victory engine running on dynos the motors are gaining hp past 100,000 miles.

Anyways you made a thread, cool inform ones with that thread. People interested will follow it or it can be searched if people are interested in it. Posting on peoples for sale threads, not cool. Hijacking threads like this one, not cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Member

exmark or scag?

Well I'd have to say we run exmarks now and they never give us any problems other than minor things. So over all we are happy. As far as echo goes tho my employees are the main reason I have a problem with them. My guys say they do not have the power that they think they should... But is this due to the torque converter. Maybe they just sound like they are not doing alot but really are. I know they are suppose to be 50% less rpm's with same power but we are starting to think that's bullcrap.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige Landscaping View Post
Well I'd have to say we run exmarks now and they never give us any problems other than minor things. So over all we are happy. As far as echo goes tho my employees are the main reason I have a problem with them. My guys say they do not have the power that they think they should... But is this due to the torque converter. Maybe they just sound like they are not doing alot but really are. I know they are suppose to be 50% less rpm's with same power but we are starting to think that's bullcrap.
It is all in their heads unless you don't have them peaked out in rpm. It is high torque and slightly lower rpm but under load it is alnmost the same. Get you units tuned.....SRM265T is the best of their units.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Member

scags are the best..hands down. shindaiwa hand helds are the only way to go
Old 01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I did a ton a research and tested about everything out there this time last year and went with the scag. Ended up getting the 72"cheetah with the 34 kohler. Like others have said, if you are mowing well manicured lawns that are completely dry it is hard to beat the exmark however I don't often mow in those conditions. For me the scag was the best choice, you have to decide what is the best choice for you, both are quality made machines. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
What are you cutting? Perfect grass goes to exmark, everything else scag has em beat.
I agree! Exmark for a plush well taken care of lawn, anything else Scag!