Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd use the garage as long as you can make it work.. before i moved to the house i'm in now i had to rent a storage unit, around 100 a month + 30 or 40 for a parking spot for my trailer. NOW, i use my garage. i'm able to get my 5x10 trailer (unloaded), the wifes car, my truck, 36" walkbehind, 2 21" push mowers, aerator, workbench.. i only keep the truck in the garage when its freezing because of the skid sprayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
Newbie here. My only option is using my garage as my equipment storage and shop. Size is nice at 24x20, and only drawback is wife and I have to park in driveway. So you think this will be suffice for a while?

Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All of your equipment should fit inside one garage area, so your wife can still park in the garage.

-Michael

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
JS46 22" walk-behind (wouldn't recommend)
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Husqvarna 130BT blower
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have my 1 car packed to just a pathway through it. have a 1 car garage that I trade the property owner 50% mowing and free snow removal for using hers which is stacked full cant get anything out without moving 13 different things outta the way. have a few things stashed at my buddies house also. and my enclosed is full gotta put it where you can
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i'd use the garage as long as you can make it work.. before i moved to the house i'm in now i had to rent a storage unit, around 100 a month + 30 or 40 for a parking spot for my trailer. NOW, i use my garage. i'm able to get my 5x10 trailer (unloaded), the wifes car, my truck, 36" walkbehind, 2 21" push mowers, aerator, workbench.. i only keep the truck in the garage when its freezing because of the skid sprayer.
If you're running a business, I'd be telling the wife to park the car on the curb. A garage isn't a place for a woman, or her car. LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Yup. A Chebbie. 2007 1/2 ton with 59k miles. Work truck, A/C, Cruise, Cloth Seats, Automatic, 5.3 liter, tilt wheel. It's almost identical to my Ford F150 that I bought 14 years ago. The Chebbie cost 3 more dollars than the Ford did. Both of them had the same number of miles. Now I'm not sure whether I paid too much for the Ford or got a great deal on the Chebbie.

I meant to comment on the truck Richard. Looks nice plus low miles. The 5.3l has a ton of power. I think you'll like it.

Looks like I'll be shopping for another truck. Yesterday a older gentleman fell asleep driving. This was on a highway with a 55mph speed limit. I happen to be sitting in a left turn lane waiting when he had veered over to the left and plowed the side of my truck, then hit the car in front of me shoving them forward, then he hit the car in front of the other which actually took the blunt end. He never hit the brakes so it was a hard hit. My truck is completely beat front to back on the passenger side, blew the back tire (just got a new set for winter only use with wheels and all) wiped out the bed, back door ,front door and peeled the front fender off as well as bent the front end to the point it was toed in a good 6-7 inches! Oh, the rear leaf spring is bent too! I just put a Meyer plow on it too. I have a dozen high profile customers that are zero tolerance clients. If I lose them, I'm losing 10's of 1000's of dollars. You can bet I'll be suing the insurance company for lost wages if I lose the accounts.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I plan to use my garage, Its a 1 car garage and me nor my wife park in it ever! Its only used for storage anyway!