Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
Morning All,

Looking at this also, Pantano power equipment on e bay.
$ 489.00 delivered to you door.
The price must be going down .First I look at Pantano power equipment price was $499.00 then I call them late they said $489.00 like it is ebay .
I would call Pantano same price or less. And they make more they do not pay ebay is what they said to me.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Be careful with your online purchases of new equipment. Some of the manufacturers are starting to crack down on wholesalers selling equipment below the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). This means warranty could potentially be voided if not sold by an authorized retailer, meeting their requirements.
Husqvarna is easy, the MAP's are posted on their website, so typcially that's what you'll find them listed in the major box stores as well independent dealers.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i think i still like the honda hrx217vka better. it's only rear drive but i don't really cut alot of steep hills or anything anyways. i like the variable speed control on the honda better (using your thumbs instead of pulling levers) as well as i like that the honda is rear discharge instead of side discharge. that would come in handy mowing near the street and sidewalks and so forth. yeah i know you could always bag which is what i do now on those type of properties but if i had the honda i could just discharge it or even mulch and discharge it at the same time half and half so then i wouldn't have to fool with bagging anything or blowing extra clippings off the street or sidewalks. the honda has nexite deck too that will never rust which is a plus.

right now the mower i use is very similar to the husqvarna. it has a lever to pull but it's only front wheel drive. i got it for $250 at sears. it's craftsman with honda gcv 160 engine.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We do run into some pretty steep yards around here, I'm going to look at the husky for sure. We mulch everything so it's not a deal breaker for us.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Has anybody else used this mower? I mow alot of steep hills but was wondering about the quality and how well built it is. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonfs05 View Post
Has anybody else used this mower? I mow alot of steep hills but was wondering about the quality and how well built it is. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I will try to make a full review video soon . I will show every about it and how it works
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone have any feedback on how well this mower mulches?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Also looking at this mower and the $399 Honda at home depot. I'm a homeowner that needs to cut a steep area.
I'm a Honda guy...dirt bikes, cars, ATV,s and a jet ski. I expect quality from a red machine.

The awd of the husky is hard to argue with...either one should last me 10+ years.
Looking forward to reading reviews as people purchase
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Member

The hu800awd.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 AM
LawnSite Member

I note that the Husqvarna says it goes up to 3 mph while many other mowers say they go up to 4 mph. Is this an issue or is 3 mph fast enough?