Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
elitelawnteam1's Avatar
elitelawnteam1 elitelawnteam1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cary, IL
Posts: 407
1 Awesome Boss + 1 Stupid Boss = What would you do?

I work for a company who has 2 owners, one is really cool, (the guy who actually started the company) easy to get along with, and is quite reasonable, and the other owner joined later on and is really stupid and an ******* (I'll get to details in a moment). I love my job, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of this guy. And the nice owner complains about the guy a LOT.

So I ask: Would you stay with this company because of the nice boss? or leave and quit putting up with the other bitchy owner?

When the cool boss makes a decision, if the bitchy boss doesn't like it, he over-rides it.
Like whenever I talk to him, or ask him something, he uses an arrogant tone, and tries to make it seem like he's/his possessions "better" than everyone else, calls me his ***** on a regular basis behind my back (the cool boss tells me about it), makes fun of me. He will never admit he's wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious. And once, he moved my truck, and hit a plow, denting the bumper, the cool boss told me about it, because the bitchy owner said to keep it a secret. I called him on the phone with the cool boss next to me as the bastard said "If I ever hit anything and messed up your truck, I would tell you about it."
__________________
Elite Lawn Team <------- Sold my business and now im an employee at CP Landscaping

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl

Last edited by elitelawnteam1; 12-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 3,449
I hope you went to the authorities when he damaged your truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM
knox gsl's Avatar
knox gsl knox gsl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: knoxville, tn
Posts: 3,684
This is the reason I don't work for others. I hate to say it but you may need to look elsewhere next spring.
__________________
I've never been skydiving, but I have zoomed-in on Google Earth really fast.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM
CowboysLawnCareDelaware's Avatar
CowboysLawnCareDelaware CowboysLawnCareDelaware is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DE
Posts: 479
Tell him that you respect him as a person(even though you don't) but you disagree with all of his business decisions and only take orders from the cool owner. Also ask the cool owner if he would consider buying out the other owner, or if you want to and can afford it, it may be a great idea to jump ahead in the business.

-Michael

I hope your bumper isn't dented too bad, only family is allowed to sit in my driver's seat.
__________________
There is an Old Blue Chair for each and every one of us, we just have to find it.


2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
elitelawnteam1's Avatar
elitelawnteam1 elitelawnteam1 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cary, IL
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
I hope you went to the authorities when he damaged your truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just found out a few days ago. I'm still trying to get him to just admit he did it. He has no idea that my nice boss told me already.

I want him to just pay to fix it. I don't want to bring the cops involved
__________________
Elite Lawn Team <------- Sold my business and now im an employee at CP Landscaping

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Exmarkboy13's Avatar
Exmarkboy13 Exmarkboy13 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 505
get the hell out of there...
__________________
John Deere Commercial Mowers
Stihl Handhelds
Honda and toro 21's

14 Years old
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 PM
RodneyK RodneyK is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 640
Was in the same boat and held on for years. It was a waste of my life. Either the cool owner buys him out or you should leave.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Monroe74 Monroe74 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: south central PA
Posts: 321
1 Awesome Boss + 1 Stupid Boss = What would you do?

I would leave. That place is going no where.
__________________
Do it better than the last Guy!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Smallaxe Smallaxe is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 9,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
Tell him that you respect him as a person(even though you don't) but you disagree with all of his business decisions ...
Coddling the feelings of others so as NOT to offend their self-esteem and other politically correct foolishness is the very reason this "Bad Boss" exists...

The ONLY bad boss I had to tolerate was the Marine Corps soldiers who outranked me, but that was only until I got them accountable for being jerks... Very few jerks in the Marine Corps when I was there,,, who knows how that turned out in this generation...

My point is: Don't be afraid to call a Spade a Spade!!! Man up,,, this culture a little bit and maybe these little beaches, may grow to be something more along the lines of a wise human someday...
As long as we play brown-nose with jerks, we will always encorage these jerks to continue being jerks,,, and you will be nothing more than a boot-licker yourself...
__________________
*
Now that I know that clay's texture(platelets) has nothing to do with water infiltration, percolation, or drainage
,,, I wonder what does...
*
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 AM
inzane's Avatar
inzane inzane is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SouthEast
Posts: 1,633
i'd look for another job, it doesn't sound like its worth the headache. i would have gotten the police involved at the moment i heard about the incident. i wouldn't wait on that. but thats just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
I work for a company who has 2 owners, one is really cool, (the guy who actually started the company) easy to get along with, and is quite reasonable, and the other owner joined later on and is really stupid and an ******* (I'll get to details in a moment). I love my job, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of this guy. And the nice owner complains about the guy a LOT.

So I ask: Would you stay with this company because of the nice boss? or leave and quit putting up with the other bitchy owner?

When the cool boss makes a decision, if the bitchy boss doesn't like it, he over-rides it.
Like whenever I talk to him, or ask him something, he uses an arrogant tone, and tries to make it seem like he's/his possessions "better" than everyone else, calls me his ***** on a regular basis behind my back (the cool boss tells me about it), makes fun of me. He will never admit he's wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious. And once, he moved my truck, and hit a plow, denting the bumper, the cool boss told me about it, because the bitchy owner said to keep it a secret. I called him on the phone with the cool boss next to me as the bastard said "If I ever hit anything and messed up your truck, I would tell you about it."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.07835 seconds with 9 queries