Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-29-2012, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

1 Awesome Boss + 1 Stupid Boss = What would you do?

I work for a company who has 2 owners, one is really cool, (the guy who actually started the company) easy to get along with, and is quite reasonable, and the other owner joined later on and is really stupid and an ******* (I'll get to details in a moment). I love my job, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of this guy. And the nice owner complains about the guy a LOT.

So I ask: Would you stay with this company because of the nice boss? or leave and quit putting up with the other bitchy owner?

When the cool boss makes a decision, if the bitchy boss doesn't like it, he over-rides it.
Like whenever I talk to him, or ask him something, he uses an arrogant tone, and tries to make it seem like he's/his possessions "better" than everyone else, calls me his ***** on a regular basis behind my back (the cool boss tells me about it), makes fun of me. He will never admit he's wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious. And once, he moved my truck, and hit a plow, denting the bumper, the cool boss told me about it, because the bitchy owner said to keep it a secret. I called him on the phone with the cool boss next to me as the bastard said "If I ever hit anything and messed up your truck, I would tell you about it."

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl

Last edited by elitelawnteam1; 12-29-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I hope you went to the authorities when he damaged your truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

This is the reason I don't work for others. I hate to say it but you may need to look elsewhere next spring.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him that you respect him as a person(even though you don't) but you disagree with all of his business decisions and only take orders from the cool owner. Also ask the cool owner if he would consider buying out the other owner, or if you want to and can afford it, it may be a great idea to jump ahead in the business.

-Michael

I hope your bumper isn't dented too bad, only family is allowed to sit in my driver's seat.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500hd crew cab
BOSS 8'2" Power V
Hustler X-one 60"
Toro Proline 36" wb w/t-bar controls
Toro 22"
Shindaiwa T254, Echo trimmers, chainsaws, pole hedge trimmer, pole saw, hedge trimmer
Shindaiwa 633 and Echo 760LN
Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallihergreen View Post
I hope you went to the authorities when he damaged your truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just found out a few days ago. I'm still trying to get him to just admit he did it. He has no idea that my nice boss told me already.

I want him to just pay to fix it. I don't want to bring the cops involved

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

get the hell out of there...

14 Years old
Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Was in the same boat and held on for years. It was a waste of my life. Either the cool owner buys him out or you should leave.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

1 Awesome Boss + 1 Stupid Boss = What would you do?

I would leave. That place is going no where.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysLawnCareDelaware View Post
Tell him that you respect him as a person(even though you don't) but you disagree with all of his business decisions ...
Coddling the feelings of others so as NOT to offend their self-esteem and other politically correct foolishness is the very reason this "Bad Boss" exists...

The ONLY bad boss I had to tolerate was the Marine Corps soldiers who outranked me, but that was only until I got them accountable for being jerks... Very few jerks in the Marine Corps when I was there,,, who knows how that turned out in this generation...

My point is: Don't be afraid to call a Spade a Spade!!! Man up,,, this culture a little bit and maybe these little beaches, may grow to be something more along the lines of a wise human someday...
As long as we play brown-nose with jerks, we will always encorage these jerks to continue being jerks,,, and you will be nothing more than a boot-licker yourself...
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd look for another job, it doesn't sound like its worth the headache. i would have gotten the police involved at the moment i heard about the incident. i wouldn't wait on that. but thats just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitelawnteam1 View Post
I work for a company who has 2 owners, one is really cool, (the guy who actually started the company) easy to get along with, and is quite reasonable, and the other owner joined later on and is really stupid and an ******* (I'll get to details in a moment). I love my job, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of this guy. And the nice owner complains about the guy a LOT.

So I ask: Would you stay with this company because of the nice boss? or leave and quit putting up with the other bitchy owner?

When the cool boss makes a decision, if the bitchy boss doesn't like it, he over-rides it.
Like whenever I talk to him, or ask him something, he uses an arrogant tone, and tries to make it seem like he's/his possessions "better" than everyone else, calls me his ***** on a regular basis behind my back (the cool boss tells me about it), makes fun of me. He will never admit he's wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious. And once, he moved my truck, and hit a plow, denting the bumper, the cool boss told me about it, because the bitchy owner said to keep it a secret. I called him on the phone with the cool boss next to me as the bastard said "If I ever hit anything and messed up your truck, I would tell you about it."