Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-02-2014, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

932 Grasshopper ??

Can anyone give me there 2 cents on this front mount mower? It has a 32hp Kubota liquid cooled gas motor with a duramax HP 72 deck( I think).. It's a 2 wheel drive model

Thank you for the your advice in advance
Old 11-02-2014, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Grasshopper makes great machines. The 932 is a well designed, well built, high quality machine. All the Grasshopper decks cut great in my opinion. I used a fleet of Grasshoppers in my mowing business, and later opened a store and became a Grasshopper dealer.
The diesel frontmount machines can easily go 6000 hours, with proper maintenance. I have heard, that due to EPA regulations, this might be the end of the big 32hp kubota diesel engine in mowers. I heard that the 28HP will be the biggest you can get. Better grab it up now while you can get it.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

If it's anything like my 725 DT I bought this year, you are going to love it. Grasshopper builds a very nice machine and they just plain work.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
Grasshopper makes great machines. The 932 is a well designed, well built, high quality machine. All the Grasshopper decks cut great in my opinion. I used a fleet of Grasshoppers in my mowing business, and later opened a store and became a Grasshopper dealer.
The diesel frontmount machines can easily go 6000 hours, with proper maintenance. I have heard, that due to EPA regulations, this might be the end of the big 32hp kubota diesel engine in mowers. I heard that the 28HP will be the biggest you can get. Better grab it up now while you can get it.
Thanks for the info.... Mowingman the engine is a gas not a diesel though... Any info on the gas engine?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:43 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gas motor is almost same set up as diesel. Same type of fuel milage almost, more torque, almost as long lasting, they are great. Please get a radiator clean out tool to properly clean it out and try not to overheat it and you will be good. 25hp diesel is all you can get now, so guys will be leaning towards the gas option for the 72 deck option...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2014, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I forgot about that being the gas engine. Have been retired too long I guess. I agree 100% with what Retrodog said in his post. The Kubota gas engines are tough, tough, tough. Great engines, that very few people think about buying, since Kubota is mostly known for their diesels.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys
Old 11-03-2014, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry for taking a twist here... Anyone know if Kubota going to come out with a EFI gas engine?