Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizPestWeed View Post
I have been using Sp 3 swixmex for years .
I have used al the others and feel this is the best

You can order them from
http://www.tessmanseed.com/

Looks like a solo...
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Looks like a solo...
Hey Ted, did you know you were quoted in this months edition of turf magazine? There's a new section where they copy a thread from lawnsite. You and a couple others were quoted talking about writing off personal trucks. Sorry to the op for going off subject, carry on.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

That's wonderful...lol

They've got nothing better to do than pull quotes off of here and use them as "filler" in their magazine articles.

Here's a quote they can use the next time the subject comes up.

I do not "write off" my personal vehicle. I have 3 trucks that all have sprayers in the back of them 24-7 along with company info permanently affixed. I have 2 employees that drive 2 of the trucks and I run production and service calls in the third. 99% of the time they are used strictly for business use only. I do not try to separate that from the other 1%. It would be ridiculous and in my opinion, pointless for me to even try.

My personal vehicle is our family's Tahoe. That's what my wife drives to work and is what we use on weekends. Nothing to do with the use of it is "written off".

Just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding...

I suppose if someone feels the need to come make a mountain out of a mole hill with me, I should be easy enough to find now that I've been "published."

Sorry OP...I still say the Jacto CD400 backpack sprayer looks like quality at a reasonable price. I will be purchasing one soon.

Last edited by ted putnam; 02-01-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Shoot, I didn't mean to set off a storm. In the thread you mention its lettered and can be written off for advertisement. And your correct, I've even heard of companies paying random peoples car payments if they wrap their car in their company logos. Sorry if I ticked you off ted, I just thought you would think it was cool. The subject of the thread wasn't my point, just that you were in the magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
That's wonderful...lol

They've got nothing better to do than pull quotes off of here and use them as "filler" in their magazine articles.

Here's a quote they can use the next time the subject comes up.

I do not "write off" my personal vehicle. I have 3 trucks that all have sprayers in the back of them 24-7 along with company info permanently affixed. I have 2 employees that drive 2 of the trucks and I run production and service calls in the third. 99% of the time they are used strictly for business use only. I do not try to separate that from the other 1%. It would be ridiculous and in my opinion, pointless for me to even try.

My personal vehicle is our family's Tahoe. That's what my wife drives to work and is what we use on weekends. Nothing to do with the use of it is "written off".

Just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding...

I suppose if someone feels the need to come make a mountain out of a mole hill with me, I should be easy enough to find now that I've been "published."

Sorry OP...I still say the Jacto CD400 backpack sprayer looks like quality at a reasonable price. I will be purchasing one soon.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

Sp systems SPS0. It has return flow back into the tank for some agitation. It is a great sprayer so far. We have been using them for two years now. They have extra padding on the straps which is a major plus after it has been on your back for a few hours.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Shoot, I didn't mean to set off a storm. In the thread you mention its lettered and can be written off for advertisement. And your correct, I've even heard of companies paying random peoples car payments if they wrap their car in their company logos. Sorry if I ticked you off ted, I just thought you would think it was cool. The subject of the thread wasn't my point, just that you were in the magazine.
No problem here. It's just there were a couple who posted in that thread that pretty much said I was breaking the law.

In a way, it is kinda cool I suppose...However, I will be careful about what I post on here in the future(on the grounds that it could incriminate me!)

We've been crazy busy for the last month doing winter maintenance on all of the equipment and I missed it. Thanks for the heads up on it!

Ted
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good thread. I'm looking to replace some aging solos.

Thought about getting a few. A warm season, cool season, gly for beds and a insecticide/fungicide.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had a SP Swissmex sprayer for years and it got knocked of the truck and busted. I used it for years and never had any problems. A lot of companies around here use the Shindaiwa, so I asked around and they all seemed happy with them. I picked up a few of them and they don't hold pressure at all. You have to pump them constantly. I have used the Stihl sprayer it lasted about 6-7 months and crapped out. I plan on switching back to the SP1 and see if we have any better luck.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My Jacto CD 400 arrived today. My first reaction was a little shock. The tank and piston appeared to be quality but overall, at first glance my impression was that it was kinda cheap.

Upon further investigation, it appears that it's just a very simple design using simple, high quality components. The simpleness makes it appear cheap...if that makes any sense?

Well, we'll see what its made of soon enough. We give our backpacks a workout once we start our dry rounds. It's going to be hard to beat my Echos.

**Birchmeier is the best backpacksprayer hands down. Too expensive to put in the hands of any ole lawn monkey though.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought the Oregon 37-602 sprayer and trashed my echos. I'm so impressed with it I'll be buying 4 more