Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoweratl View Post
I bought the Oregon 37-602 sprayer and trashed my echos. I'm so impressed with it I'll be buying 4 more
That looks identical to the Jacto other than a couple of differences. The Oregon has a plastic, not brass pump piston and the trigger and handle are slightly different...and the price is $35 less.

Better than my Echo MS-50's?? I'm skeptical
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Redmax has served me well for two years so far
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy chapin by the dozen and throw them about when there is an issue
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Jacto has all the parts up top. Doesn't that seem like it could be a problem if a leak occurs.? Correct me if I'm wrong cause I really want to get one of these..
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I haven't even water tested mine yet but it is assembled. I've looked it over really well inside and out. I also looked at the parts schematic. The brass piston comes out of the top(sealed with a Viton O ring) and has a heavy molded plastic cap with a nipple/barb pointed directly away from the operator when assembled. The hose is connected to that with a pressure fitting. All other parts are inside the tank and for the most part are brass. Even if the hose popped off it would de-pressurize and spray out behind you. A whole lot better than having it dribble down the crack of your ass or run down the backs of your legs like many that have the pump and hose connection underneath. That was my problem with the solo...that and leaky lids. Again, dribbling down your crack.

The lid basket/screen is about 5 inches deep instead of the 1.5 inch deep I've seen on all other brands. I think I'm gonna like that. No more splattering DF's and DG's when filling.

I've looked it over inside and out and the thing seems solid. I can't wait to try it out. I'm sure I can find some wild garlic to spray next week.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cool, thanks for the input..
Old 02-10-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Cool, thanks for the input..
Just one more thing. It also comes with a measuring cup and a "field repair kit". It's just the plunger/spring assembly for the trigger, new plunger cups for the piston and enough clips to replace those at all connecting joints.

I'm not exactly sure why though. They tout that it has been independently tested for 2500hrs of use with no break downs or repairs.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think. BP sprays,,, are just one of the primary tools of the industry for which we must know how to repair,,, whichever one we choose. Because the manufacturers testing standards, are inferior to the abuse taken by BP sprayers. I'll bet they only nicely pump, lightly trigger and do not apply normal activities of daily use. Pick one you can repair easily. The parts failing are usually repeating and predictable. Not many parts. My solo is 7 years working old.

On a side note of testing... Do you think if crash test dummies could feel pain and scream what they feel... That cars would be safer, sooner. Guess it's all in the testing research.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

+1 for Shindaiwa. Very comfy to wear (did 4hrs around my place just yesterday). Yes, they do need constant pumping but all in all, a good unit. That said, I dont do spraying all day everyday, just spot spray weeds etc usually.

It started leaking a few weeks ago when I released the trigger, a little would still dribble out. I took it apart and there was some crud on the spring. Cleaned it and all is well again!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
+1 for Shindaiwa. Very comfy to wear (did 4hrs around my place just yesterday). Yes, they do need constant pumping but all in all, a good unit. That said, I dont do spraying all day everyday, just spot spray weeds etc usually.

It started leaking a few weeks ago when I released the trigger, a little would still dribble out. I took it apart and there was some crud on the spring. Cleaned it and all is well again!
I've always heard good things about Shindaiwa, especially the older ones. I've heard a few that have used them say the newer ones aren't as good...I've never used one so I can't say one way or the other.