Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Property Preservation Co: Surety Lending Solutions

Has anyone worked with Surety Lending Solutions (national property preservation company) as a vendor? If so, please share your experience. They have secured contracts on large number of foreclosures in my area and am considering providing lawn care for vacant properties.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't think I worked with that exact company but I did some bids for a similar company last year. You had to take like 15 pictures every time you mowed a property to document that you were there and then you had to upload them to their web site. I probably spent just as much time taking and uploading pictures as I did mowing most of the properties. On the other hand if you need work they probably have a lot of it and they always paid on time. For me it wasn't worth the extra hassle.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMLC_BZN View Post
I don't think I worked with that exact company but I did some bids for a similar company last year. You had to take like 15 pictures every time you mowed a property to document that you were there and then you had to upload them to their web site. I probably spent just as much time taking and uploading pictures as I did mowing most of the properties. On the other hand if you need work they probably have a lot of it and they always paid on time. For me it wasn't worth the extra hassle.
I contracted for them, thy are based out of Louisiana and have a good bit of work, I had issue with payments, they sent me
Checks on time but there was always a number of orders missing. And when you stop contracting for them they hold your money for 90 days. Kind of a cowboy run company in my opinion. There 2 or 3 Guys and 2 or 3 office girls running the whole thing. They do pay but you have to double check everything. Thy have vey strict picture requirements and will send you back for missing a picture of a for sale
Sign! Theyre always advertising on Craigslist which tell me something- That's just my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for input! I was concerned about payment issues and had not been able to get a straight answer from them. The area I service was hit very hard by housing bubble bust and has an immense number of foreclosures. Just wanted to get a better feel for the company before signing on as a vendor.

When orders were left out of the checks, would you be paid for them if contacted them and corrected the oversight or did you have to forego payment on these?

Thanks again.

Last edited by EastMSLawn; 02-03-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastMSLawn View Post
Thanks for input! I was concerned about payment issues and had not been able to get a straight answer from them. The area I service was hit very hard by housing bubble bust and has an immense number of foreclosures. Just wanted to get a better feel for the company before signing on as a vendor.

When orders were left out of the checks, would you be paid for them if contacted them and corrected the oversight or did you have to forego payment on these?

Thanks again.
I would fill out a payment discrepancy list, some I would get paid without question ad others they would come up with a bs excuse like oh the grass had only grown 3inches ago that's considered limited growth when the work order said nothing about not to cut if grass height is such and such, but then you don't cut and get charged a late fee for not submitting on time. They have a lot of different clients who all have different rules and they don't really make that clear to you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeclfc View Post
I would fill out a payment discrepancy list, some I would get paid without question ad others they would come up with a bs excuse like oh the grass had only grown 3inches ago that's considered limited growth when the work order said nothing about not to cut if grass height is such and such, but then you don't cut and get charged a late fee for not submitting on time. They have a lot of different clients who all have different rules and they don't really make that clear to you
Posted via Mobile Device
I ended up getting a lot back was down about 200-300 after all said and done
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most not all of these type of companies pray upon guys needing work. Their have a huge program to get work from banks and foreclosed property. many will charge a flat rate to the bank and get rich if they can stiff the guy doing the work. They don't get involved unless the local bank, or complaining neighbor complains an see you dong anything that looks wrong. (even if it is not) The bank will call these companies and the poor guy doing the work get stiffed. If you want to work all summer to keep 6 or 8 salesmen and accountants making better money than you, go work for them I will not.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhardin53 View Post
Most not all of these type of companies pray upon guys needing work. Their have a huge program to get work from banks and foreclosed property. many will charge a flat rate to the bank and get rich if they can stiff the guy doing the work. They don't get involved unless the local bank, or complaining neighbor complains an see you dong anything that looks wrong. (even if it is not) The bank will call these companies and the poor guy doing the work get stiffed. If you want to work all summer to keep 6 or 8 salesmen and accountants making better money than you, go work for them I will not.
Grass is grass. Money is money. What you're saying isn't making much sense. Should someone sit at home and do nothing before working for these companies?

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I have several contracts with reputable companies in this business and at least 2 of them are worth way more than any commercial contract I could get or want to get l. I have enough work to run 3-4 crews full time from march to December and get a check every week without Fail. The only downside is there is a lot of office work to go with it but even with hiring someone to handle that it is still very profitable.. You just have to watch out for these in between companies who play at being a big company. They are the people who will stiff you!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-03-2013, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Personally I think it's a bit much for a solo but with only one helper it would be peaches, one starts cutting while the other takes pictures, you'd be surprised how long taking 20-30 pictures takes, bring spare batteries, then grab a trimmer, the other guy gets done mowing and blows down, back to the camera and done.

Seriously, it's not the kind of work that pays for folks to stripe it all fancy criss-cross and puckered up lips smooching up on some customer's butt, time to forget the nonsense, folks need to get in, do the job and get out, don't forget the details and you should be good.