Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone buy from ironplanet auction site

I purchase something here the other day. My shipper I signed up called ahead and told me I need to have a release form from ironplanet before they will allow pickup. I have no idea where to find this release form? Anyone with experience with this site.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

No, it only took for me getting ripped off one time to where I don't play the pay for something then pay someone else to pick it up and hopefully I'll get my stuff delivered to me someday game no more.

No sir.

First I want a physical street address that I can look up on a map.
Then I make sure I can go pick it up myself, and that the travel fees plus the cost of the item are still within the price range of what I am buying... Last but not least I call the seller ahead of spending any money and personally speak to the person selling it to make sure I can go pick it up after I pay for it, and anything and everything in ways of what I need to know, get that all cleared up ahead of time.

Granted that locks me out of most long-distance purchases but only when all of the above conditions have been met AND I feel comfortable with all of it do I spend my hard earned money.

Good luck
Old 02-03-2013, 07:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I'd seen a post on the tractorbynet forums where someone purchased a bucket and completed their project. That seemed to work out for them. Potentially ironplanet will not release to a third party without your permission.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

IRON PLANET will not release to anybody till they see the shipper has my release form. Somewhere on there site. I have yet to find it. I have used this shipper before and he has been great. I just to go with his time frame which is usually no problem. I called IP but the weekend hours so hopefully monday morning they will come through. I actually bought a large shade structure for our nursery. Still all bundled up, tarp was still wrapped neatly and all poles were still taped and wrapped on each end of the legs. I bought that CHEAP. Shipping increased my cost but with everything said I am still $1500 ahead a brand new one. So if I do to to order an extra leg, upper bracket i can afford to.

I do agree with address though. All I got was a Zip code which consist of two townships, and a gate number. Kinda stupid if you ask me.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I feel a little better now that you said it's a building and you've used the shipper before, that helps, believe me I went through the same thing trying to save money, but I think call them Monday hopefully that will set you straight.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Here it says the release will be sent to the shipper by ironplanet, unless that's if use one of their shippers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thats just it. If you use there shippers which actually rob ya all the way to the bank. I think they have that planned out and make it more difficult for a private shipper to come into. I used uship along time ago and luck had a local shipper was on ushhip who won my bid - didn;t even know he did that for aliving. Since then I give him first shot if I need something.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just called IP. I tell ya what those people are not exactly friendly over the phone. There like look at the website, click here, click there, type here, do this and after 10 minutes of explaining to me where to add my shipper I finally got to the point and said thank you for your time, his reply, yes, bye, hung up. They dont make it easy for an outside shipper to come into and get stuff.