Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-31-2013, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Cheetah engine options

I've read many threads on how satisfied people are with the Cheetah but not the engines because they use so much gas. Does this mower need so much more horsepower to operate at the speed Scag mentions ? Would an EFI engine add so much more to the price that it would be out of the working man's range ?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
I've read many threads on how satisfied people are with the Cheetah but not the engines because they use so much gas. Does this mower need so much more horsepower to operate at the speed Scag mentions ? Would an EFI engine add so much more to the price that it would be out of the working man's range ?
I would guess that the faster you mow the more gas you would use. Should be easy to talk to Scag about fuel use and how long it woud take to get your money back. It will depend on your POHs. I think that we are gettign close to the time when all engines will be EFI.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

When you are mowing at 15 mph your going to need some power, and just like car motors, the bigger and more power, the harder the gas station hits you. I have heard that the efi motors are alot less powerful, but im guessing a 29hp efi motor should still mow some serious grass. I dont like how its getting harder and harder to fix stuff though. Ill stay carbbed as long as I can.

PlowSite-SnowFakers