Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM
TopQualityLawnCare's Avatar
TopQualityLawnCare TopQualityLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 115
HELP! need a decision to make

okay so here is the deal ive got to decide between a 2000 john deere 757 with 1100 hours or a 2006 exmark with 1800 hours on mower and 600 on motor both need nothing and are ready to mow need a mower for this upcoming season but just cant decide which one would be best the john deere the motor hasent been replaced ill post the links and sorry if this is in the wrong section i coudnt find a right section to put it in

john deere has 60 inch deck and exmark has 61"
__________________
"Quality Service from The Ground Up"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopQualityLawnCare View Post
okay so here is the deal ive got to decide between a 2000 john deere 757 with 1100 hours or a 2006 exmark with 1800 hours on mower and 600 on motor both need nothing and are ready to mow need a mower for this upcoming season but just cant decide which one would be best the john deere the motor hasent been replaced ill post the links and sorry if this is in the wrong section i coudnt find a right section to put it in

john deere has 60 inch deck and exmark has 61"
Well exmark doesnt make a 61" deck so its actually a 60" aswell. Any other info on these mowers? Motor size on each, year manufactured? Without a whole lot of information, I would go with the deere. It most likely has the 7 Iron deck which is great, and it has less hours than the exmark.
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandFakers View Post
Well exmark doesnt make a 61" deck so its actually a 60" aswell. Any other info on these mowers? Motor size on each, year manufactured? Without a whole lot of information, I would go with the deere. It most likely has the 7 Iron deck which is great, and it has less hours than the exmark.
I also think deer in this case is a better buy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
TopQualityLawnCare's Avatar
TopQualityLawnCare TopQualityLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 115
http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3524997287.html

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3474318304.html

here is the link for the mowers sorry i meant 60" for the exmark
__________________
"Quality Service from The Ground Up"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopQualityLawnCare View Post
The deere looks a little rougher, but the guy selling the exmark couldnt even provide up close photos, thats not a good sign. 1800hrs is about the end of a hydro pumps life span so id say go with the deere
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
TopQualityLawnCare's Avatar
TopQualityLawnCare TopQualityLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 115
Deere it is thank you all! Green is always the better color! Ha
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM
TopQualityLawnCare's Avatar
TopQualityLawnCare TopQualityLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 115
i found another 757 same exact thing that has 40 hours on rebuild and 1000 on body would that be better?
__________________
"Quality Service from The Ground Up"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopQualityLawnCare View Post
i found another 757 same exact thing that has 40 hours on rebuild and 1000 on body would that be better?
Got a link for me to look at?
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
TopQualityLawnCare's Avatar
TopQualityLawnCare TopQualityLawnCare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 115
yes here it is and btw there both for 3000 thanks for the help means alot!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3537248463.html
__________________
"Quality Service from The Ground Up"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM
LandFakers's Avatar
LandFakers LandFakers is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 5,658
I'd go with the other one man, a couple hours hear and there won't matter. The other one looks a little better maintained.
__________________
Rob

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.07392 seconds with 7 queries